Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read some threads. Looking for suggestions as to the best place to locate winch contactor. Pics would be helpful to if you have any. Thanks

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sanny. I saw that thread before I posted I should have mentioned it. Seems like the best location. i was just not sure if anyone else had another location or reason for choosing that one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Muddfly,
I mounted mine on the under side of the plate that is shown in the link that " Sanny 651" replied. I found that location, top or bottom, to be the best due to cable length. Mounting it on the underside of the plate was kinda tight but its outa sight. Do not tighting the lock nuts on the contact post too tight, I torque one alittle to much with a little 1/4" drive. It sheared, but I was able to put a jam nut on the post.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I was gonna try to mount mine actually forward of the location that Sanny has his....wanted to get it underneath of the plastic but behind the glove box. I thought this would be a very dry place. I had it tem located on a place that I didnt care for...it was right under the front of the seat where the seat meets the plastic....it looked as if water that is dripping between the seat and the plastic would drip right on it in that spot.

Sanny it looks like yours is a little farther back than I was originally gonna locate mine but if you seem to have good luck with it there I may do the same.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I agree with that, as high and dry as possible, and somewhere where it's going to get the least vibration.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Well, this is my first go around with the H1 so I haven't had 'er out in the mud/water yet (jsut got it in January). However, I had it mounted under the seat on my V2 and it never failed me there either, so this should work fine as well. I would put it on the plastic tray myself before I put it on the frame brace. I have 2 winches though, so I need 2 relays and space is limited.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
My contactor is mounted on the brace by the radiator. That is where the dealer mounted it and said that those 2 holes are there for that reason. I would think you would want it as high and dry as possible.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
My contactor is mounted on the brace by the radiator. That is where the dealer mounted it and said that those 2 holes are there for that reason.[/b]
Yeah, that was one of the poorest designs I've seen on these things. Let's put an electrical component in a part of the bike that will sustain a lot of jolting and also get the most exposure to the elements as possible. Yep, good call. :(

sevenmag, you are right bud...the higher and drier the better.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I mounted mine under the set...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts