Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
In sweden the dealers can remap if there is a service bulletin connected to it but only AC certified maps. No tuning :(

·
Registered
299 Posts
Maybe it's diffrent with sleds pre 2010?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm trying to trade it though and no ones going to want a sled that idles at 3200 rpm. Maybe ill just have it next day aired. Is there anyway to turn the idle down on these sleds?

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
I'm trying to trade it though and no ones going to want a sled that idles at 3200 rpm. Maybe ill just have it next day aired. Is there anyway to turn the idle down on these sleds?

you might be able to with a TPS adjustment. Are you sure your ECU is bad?? those things rarely fail. I would hook it to the scan tool and check everything out first. Dealer should be able to do that for cheap.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay ill look into the TPS. Does anyome know anything about adjusting these? And I dont know what else could be wrong with it, the coil and stator where just replaced, the throttle cable isn't pulled or streched, I just don't know what else it could be. I think I'm just going to trade it for a hammered 05 Sno pro 440 because I don't know wtf is going on with my f7 and I don't want to keep throwing money at after spending $300 on a stator and coil and that didn't fix the problem and i dont have enough money to bring it to a dealer

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Your dealer is either clueless to the fact or too lazy to put the effort into it. Many one here have successfully had their 03 and 04 ECU's updated to the 06 mapping. Different dealer maybe? I think others have had success going through D&D as well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I got my ecu remapped this past fall...cost me $35. The remap was free, the $35 was for shipping....from dealer to cat and from cat to my house. It took a week or a week n a half. No way shud it cost more than shipping. I had to call 3 dealers here in wi to find one who knew what i wanted

1 - 20 of 49 Posts