Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have talked to 3 dealers to get my ecu reflashed to 06 map(is 03 f7 EFI) and all say that Cat won't do it. The one dealer is a performance oriented dealer and said that program hasn't been avaliably for 3 years. Is this only available state side and not in Canada? Is there a # I can call in the States or a dealer # that can do it? Any help would be appricaited !

·
Registered
302 Posts
try to find a us dealer online, get the number and give them a call and ask them if you can have it done still, i know you can i almost sent mine out and no dealer i asked about said they wont do it. Either keep checkin around your province or maybe another nearby or call the states

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
If all else fails, send ODS Dan a PM and ask him if maybe he can do it. If anyone can confirm it, Dan can.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I talked to the guys at A.C. and they said they will reflash the ECU no problem to the 2006 specs. Just get it to a dealer and have them send it in.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Funoutfitters @ Nov 11 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I talked to the guys at A.C. and they said they will reflash the ECU no problem to the 2006 specs. Just get it to a dealer and have them send it in.

Hope this helps Jeff[/b]
I just called my dealer and he said because of EPA, Arctic Cat no longer does the updates. One would think that the 06 flash would be more eco-friendly. Would you have a contact and a phone number at the factory to verify this?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm sorry but I can't give out the number as it is a dealer only number. But I did check with them yesterday and they said they will still do it. Have the dealer call again and ask to speak to the guy who does the reprogramming.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Funoutfitters @ Nov 12 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sorry but I can't give out the number as it is a dealer only number. But I did check with them yesterday and they said they will still do it. Have the dealer call again and ask to speak to the guy who does the reprogramming.

Hope this helps Jeff[/b]
Thanks Jeff I'll try again.

P.S. I have an 05 700 SnoPro with the Bikeman pipe mod, D&D y-pipe, V force reeds, the Injector Prefector and it's clutched to run 7800-7950rpm. Should I stay with the 05 flash or will the 06 bring it all together. Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don't know if the 2006 map will help you or hurt you with the mods. I know that some of the M sleds with the later maps ran poorly. I wouls think if you're sled is running well and your plugs look good I would leave it just in case the new map would cause problems.

Hope this helps Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts