Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to, or heard how the trails are in the Voyagers National Forest, Ash River, Kabetogema area? With all the rain elsewhere, I need to ride I just don't know where to go.

Thanks

~Fast

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Ya we are still cleaning up our trail from the wet heavy stuff that fell new years eve, lots of branches and trees bent over the trail, kind of like going thry a tunnel of various sizes. Took 4 of us 8 hours to go 5 miles so you know it is thick, last year it took that many people to clear 15 miles in the same time frame.. Sucks to have to clean the trail twice but gotta do whatever it takes to keep the trail open...We got a light dusting last night, so now all the icy spots are white again instead of Gray. Temps are supposed to be normal ones this next week or so so all the slush on the lakes should be getting firmed up nicely, had +10 F degrees on the therm. this morning when I woke up, now at least it feels like winter.

We have about 3-5 inches on the ground now here on the Range after some of it melted this week, but what is on the ground is really hard and crunchy where people have ridden. If we get another 2-5 inches I will be out grooming to make a smooth base for more snow to land on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts