Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just bought an 07 (90miles) they don't have a pull start on them but you can retrofit w/ a pull start from an alder model year.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The 07 H1 does not come with a pull rope. For some reason they decided they don't need it.

From what I hear the pull rope from an 06 will bolt up with very little trouble.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I dont have one either but that might be the someday fix, its still a reliable bike for me. But I did notice one on a 700.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
yeah jason, you know mine has one... i dont know why... it wont start the damn thing... i wouldnt care if it diddnt have one.. i have siliconed mine shut and i just keep mini jumper cables in my dry box! it's not like i ride alone anyways

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep you can put those jumpers to use on the yamahas, and should you ever need it yourself they are always there for you as an opportunity the other bikes to change roles and help a cat, I knew they were good for something.

I should be working.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
AC sells a kit for installing the recoil starter on the 07 H1s. it retails for $120 and comes with a new side panel to fit the around the handle. I got mine with the purchase.

Dealer said that the H1s were breaking the ropes and hurting shoulders and that is why they stopped putting them on the 07s. i Have trouble believing that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yea you will find that some of the 07's have it and some don't looks as if they changed mid stride. I know we have some tbx's with the pull start then many of the others don't have it. I don't know that I would totally believe the breaking rope issue, not saying it isn't happening but they are still putting the aux pull starts on the 700s. If you pull through your compression stroke nice and easy then pull it all these machines pull like 90's.... either way Cat does have a retrofit kit I can get the part number for anyone interested I have it at work. Let me know, I can even get you a good deal on it if you would like one.

-RPR

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I bought my 07 in sept of o6 and it did not come with one.

Mark

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got my '07 650 H1 and it has a pull start on it... Thats strange that some dont have it. It serves as peace of mind for me. If I am alone for some reason I wont necessarily be stuck.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Mine never came with one!! Im jealous! oh well ill have to shell out 150$ to get one installed, need to have one,dont want to be stuck out in the boonies up here without it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts