Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to this forum and to be honest a newbie to snowmachines (snowmobiles). I live in western AK and everyone here calls them snowmachines but to me that really doesn't matter.

I am trying to find out some information about studding my track. There are so many opinions around here in western AK, that I thought I would go to a forum such as this one. When I try to go to find the specific category for the Bearcat under the AC Snowmobile forum I don't really see one. I'm thinking maybe it is built on the F chassis but I don't know that for sure. I would not consider it a touring sled, at least not for me. I use it as a utility sled.

So anyway, which forum would I go to that would have other Bearcat XT owners/riders that can help me out?

Thank you,

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks insaincat: not so much curious about how many studs. Since I posted that question I think I may have learned the answer to the question I was going to ask. I was trying to convince myself that I did not need to go to all the trouble of putting on tunnel protectors since the machine is fan cooled, but....the more I read all over the internet there are plenty of cases of significant tunnel and even gas tank damage from not having tunnel protectors so I guess I'm going to go through the trouble.

Now I just have to figure out which brand of studs to go with.

Thank you,

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts