Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the belt guard or the air silencer are places where I'm used to find them, but I simply CAN NOT find them on my recently bought sled. Well, I'll just buy a couple and put them in the toolkit.

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Mar 9 2007, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
mounted it on the belt guard.
great spot for it too :D[/b]
until a belt disintegrates at wfo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MnF6rider @ Mar 9 2007, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Arctic Cat was kinda cheap and didn't mount a spark plug holder on the Firecats.[/b]
they were trying to save weight

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (omrognan @ Mar 10 2007, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Save weight?! A plastic holder for two spark plugs would weigh almost anything.[/b]
i would guess its more of a money thing,
kinda like the auto manufactures not putting a spair tire in some trucks nowdays.

i think the first year CAT made 16 or 17 thousand F-cats.
if they made that many every year since??,........
they might have saved about $1:00 or $2:00 on each one,..
not including the labor to install each one.

major savings at the end of the production.

·
Registered
20 Posts
not a big deal but i dont know why you guys would stick up for arctic cat for being a cheep ass, i know i would paid the extra 5 bucks for a damn spark plug holder, and a tool kit. So even though it ends up saving them allot of money in the long run, they could also stop puttin a windshield on and save allot of money and you still wouldnt care then or what?! ...

·
Administrator
20,052 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Mar 10 2007, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
major savings at the end of the production.[/b]
with the weight reduction they had that chassis built around, there were few viable logistical locations for a plug holder, the clutch cover in most cases following a severe belt explosion is so twisted that it breaks and chunks the plastic holder pieces everywhere, not to mention what happens when a plug meets primary at high r's

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (holmes14 @ Mar 10 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
not a big deal but i dont know why you guys would stick up for arctic cat for being a cheep ass, i know i would paid the extra 5 bucks for a damn spark plug holder, and a tool kit. So even though it ends up saving them allot of money in the long run, they could also stop puttin a windshield on and save allot of money and you still wouldnt care then or what?! ...[/b]
O.K. Mr 18 post, you seem to have all tha answers, maybe you need to go apply for a position at cat

Bold: what, can't find it? And who in the hell is sticking up for them?, i'm sure as hell not, Mark and I were just pointing out a couple things that may slide right by sometimes, sheesh!

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (holmes14 @ Mar 10 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
not a big deal but i dont know why you guys would stick up for arctic cat for being a cheep ass, i know i would paid the extra 5 bucks for a damn spark plug holder, and a tool kit. So even though it ends up saving them allot of money in the long run, they could also stop puttin a windshield on and save allot of money and you still wouldnt care then or what?! ...[/b]

thay do have a tool kit,.....comes standard with all of them.
please do your home work before you post .

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just keep my extra plugs in my coat or in the back storage area. But putting the holder on the clutch guard wouldnt be a bad idea either.

·
Registered
367 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Firecat500 @ Mar 11 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I just keep my extra plugs in my coat or in the back storage area. But putting the holder on the clutch guard wouldnt be a bad idea either.[/b]
Really , some of you guys will complain about anything. What's so difficult about putting them in the back storage area??????

·
Registered
514 Posts
I keep them in my pocket as well..... tool kit and back storage get damp and the box disintegrates.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I placed my spark plugs inside the spare belt. Just squeeze them in, but you may need to adjust the belt a little to get them in, but it works.

No fuel shut off valves in the F Cats either. I still don't understand that....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Yeah, I had to install a few things. Spark plug holder. Fuel shut off valve but had they come with these items others would always find something to complain about.......lol

·
Registered
703 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chuck @ Mar 12 2007, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I placed my spark plugs inside the spare belt. Just squeeze them in, but you may need to adjust the belt a little to get them in, but it works.

No fuel shut off valves in the F Cats either. I still don't understand that....[/b]
you dont need them on a case reed engine. Your noting going to flood you engine by trailering or rolling the sled if its off like the 96 and later models

1 - 20 of 20 Posts