Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody , this seems to be the slowest part of the whole board . where are all the pa guys & girls at ? we should all get together and have a ride sometime . Usually you can find me crusing around potter county . where are the other hot spots in pa ?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Jan 23 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
where are the other hot spots in pa ?[/b]
Laurel Highlands is great... when there's snow. Adirondacks are nice too, but it's getting pricy.

I've been wanting to do Potter County, but a very recent offing from my quad cracked my collarbone... not sure if I can sled at all this season! :boohoo:

Ever ride in/out of Quiet Oaks Campground up there?

Bill

·
Registered
245 Posts
I blew my sled up saturday. Fired it back up today @ 3. Will be riding ALL weekend since I have monday off :sledder: That is if I don't pop the motor again. :fiddle Erie, Pa

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (need an f9 @ Jan 25 2007, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will be riding ALL weekend since I have monday off :sledder: That is if I don't pop the motor again. :fiddle Erie, Pa[/b]
Good luck on keeping 'er going! Heck, this weekend I'm probably going to be starting at all the webcams, living through everyone else's rides! Well... actually I do have better plans than that! :beer_cheers:

Got out of my sling today, but the doc tells me all of Feb is out. Maybe March is OK. bang your head

Hey need an f9 -- every ride ANF up there? I dunno

(oh, here's my first x-ray... today's not that different but you can see bone starting to grow in... pretty interesting, actually). eekkk

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can't say quiet oaks rings a bell , where exactly is it located ? i've been most everywhere from potato city all the way down to the grand caynon
:dance: goodtimes

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Jan 23 2007, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey everybody , this seems to be the slowest part of the whole board . where are all the pa guys & girls at ? we should all get together and have a ride sometime . Usually you can find me crusing around potter county . where are the other hot spots in pa ?[/b]

I don't think there are any in Pa is there at least here in Bloomsburg we have a dusting thats it. anything in potter county yet, they say black forest had some but not enough to ride.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Jan 26 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
can't say quiet oaks rings a bell , where exactly is it located ? i've been most everywhere from potato city all the way down to the grand caynon
:dance: goodtimes[/b]
Hey Blackcat083 -

Quiet Oaks Campground is in southern Potter County (or norther Clinton County). I've heard of Potato City -- lots of good trails there I hear. QOCG doesn't cater actively to sledders (I've camped and bike out of there), but we're certainly welcome.

This is where they're at:
http://www.crossfork.com/quietoaks/index.htm

Bill

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey guys, I'm from the Chambersburg area. Just spent last weekend in West Leyden NY, and it was pretty good. Our goal was to put on enough miles to say we could've ridden home, but we came up about 60 miles short. Just looking for some sledding in PA to do on the weekends. Somerset is about 2.5 hours from here, but we'd drive 3 or 4 hours for good sledding. Keep me updated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i can't believe that i never saw quiet oaks before .... i'm up that way a good bit . they say that potter got 3-5 in. of new snow this week and that it was very light , probably wont hold up to traffic . if anyone heads up towards potato city keep an eye out for me ( i'll be on a 99 440 sp with a polished tunnel ) and i'll keep everyone posted on the conditions :chug:

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Feb 2 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i can't believe that i never saw quiet oaks before ...[/b]

It's outside of Cross Fork (before CF), maybe 25 minutes up from Renovo. But like I said, the mostly cater to a summer crowd (and host the Kettle Creek Music Festival), but they keep telling me to bring my sled. One day!

Did you get out there this weekend?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R6Luver @ Feb 1 2007, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey guys, I'm from the Chambersburg area. Just spent last weekend in West Leyden NY, and it was pretty good. Our goal was to put on enough miles to say we could've ridden home, but we came up about 60 miles short. Just looking for some sledding in PA to do on the weekends. Somerset is about 2.5 hours from here, but we'd drive 3 or 4 hours for good sledding. Keep me updated.[/b]

Hello R6Luver -- welcome call to this thread! Glad you got some sledding in up there in NY.

Everyone I communicated with this weekend said the trailheads for Laurel Highlands were just packed (a couple of buds said they saw more trucks & trailers than ever saw before). The trails seemed to be pretty bumpy, dirt showing in a few places, but better than earlier in the week. 6" - 10" or more snow would help, but there's a lot of pent-up traffic too.

Depending on the weather, I'd still recommend the LH's. Closer for you, and there's a few lots to choose from (though I'm not sure if it's officially OK for sleds to unload in some of those). This camera is often a good indicator (PCCSA). Maybe good for when you can only do a day trip?

I like that formula, trying to maximize all the time it takes to trailer somewhere. thumbguy

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (otterbob @ Feb 4 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I live across the border in NY but ride Pa often, Potter County and the Grand Canyon areas.[/b]

how are things up there now any idea?

·
Registered
187 Posts
The place I was talking about in my thread earlier supposedly got around 6 FEET according to my comcast homepage...that's CRAZY. Let's hope some of it comes down this way. Keep me posted about Somerset, we might be out that way this weekend if we get a chance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i live in kane pa. right in the middle of the anf. been riding little over 2 weeks. trails aren't bad could be better. always need more snow.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
same with potter , i was up last weekend and the trails were nice & smooth ( the groomer was keeping up pretty good ) but we could use some more snow up there too , there was some sno-dirt and a few bare spots starting to show

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Archygirl2008 @ Jan 12 2008, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A group of us road a week or so ago right over the pa boarder into NY. We need to get some real snow and keep it before we can really talk about it lol.[/b]
i was up at potter county dec 27th and rode 300 + miles of fresh snow , rode from cherry springs to potato city, ulysses and bailey hill .... it was probably the best riding i ever had up there ! too bad it all melted , i hope it comes back soon !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts