Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what mileage should I rebuild, I have 4200 miles on my f5, is it time? What should I replace? rings, pistons? or just keep riding? :sos:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would guess it's probably time for new rings. I could be wrong, My 600 had about 4500 miles and when I tore it apart there was almost no blowby showing on the pistons.

Now is the best time to do it if you decide to. I would also suggest rebuilding the shocks. With that mileage they're going to need it.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
If it is running fine then my first thought would be to just riding it. If you want to do some work on it then I'd say replace the pistons along with rings. Th episton skirts would likely break before your compression loss becomes a problem. As for the shocks. Th eshock should be rebuilt every year as part of general, regular maintenance, so if they haven't been done, get to it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you do decide to tear it apart I'd do the pistons and rings both. Why take the chance of something happening to those pistons.

Eric

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no I have not, I got the sled used last january, rode it this season, this spring I plan to tear it all down, my local cat dealer is going to do the shocks, I am going to replace wheels, nuts and bolts etc, so it looks like rings and pistons over the summer.. anything else? My plan is that when it hits the snow next season, it will be ready to go ,lke brand new, thank you... :thumbsup: Not worthy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts