Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please dont laugh im learning. My 04 firecat darts side to side and Im not sure if I need to replace the runners on ski. I read somewhere to get dual. Is this correct.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
nobody laughs at people that need help, we wait till you learned and screwed up then...LOL

Darting is usually due to incorrect ski adjustment, search on here you will find everything you need to adjust them.

Look at the runners under the ski, round bar with a triangular pieve attacked, if its worn to just the round bar, replace. Some like duals but i for one do not, they see to steer hard and i ride offtrail mostly anyways

·
Registered
247 Posts
There should be four holes in the middle of the ski. Are there any bolts sticking up from the holes? You could have possibly worn all the way through the carbide and the metal bar that the carbide is attached to. I have seen some very close before. If there really is no metal on the bottom of your ski at all you need to stop riding it until you get a new pair of carbides installed. I bought my latest set off of ebay for less that 40 dollars for 6" singles. I am also not a fan of the dual runners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts