Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
So after the Mrs rode my 650V she's pretty much hooked and now would like a wheeler of her own. She's somewhat experienced, as she rode Honda CRF's 100 & 150, but now want 4 wheels instead of 2? What do you recommend?

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
my wife likes her 05 400i

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If she's anything like my wife--- on the conservitive side--- she thinks the 400 is ok but she was looking in the 300 class... due to it's smaller size and ease of manuverability and simplicity... she thinks the 400 has too many bells and wistles for her taste.... all she want's to do it get on the thing and drive it not mess with shifting, pushing buttons or pulling levers.... LoL...

·
Registered
674 Posts
My wife being different then most, while she was happy with a 06 500 auto is now a whole lot happier with her 07 650 H-1

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Depends on what she likes, take her to a dealer and let her get on a few different machines, and see what one she is most comfortable on

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
if she is anything like my wife, she'd be happiest with a kimpex trunk. lol, but, seriously, my wife handles the 400 pretty well and the H1 seems to be too big, her feet barely reach the floorboards. of course she is only 4'9"

·
Registered
474 Posts
My wife drives her 400 just fine, but I got a smokin' deal on it. If I were to buy new, I'd look at everything first. Depends on what she plans on doing with it I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
My wife loves the 300 good starter bike for her and the kids. Its smaller size and ease of handling is what she likes but her riding style is pretty tame.

If she has no problem handling your bike as far as size and steering I think I would look for a leftover v2. I wouldn't buy without trying the yamaha 700 seems like a perfect bike for a smaller experienced driver without the fatigue factor of the bigger AC's.

Get out there and test drive a few. good luck.

WC

·
Registered
731 Posts
My wife really likes the Polaris 330 Magnum. Lower to the ground. Softer seat and alot easier steering than my 400 Cat. Not a power house but a nimble little machine.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Take her to the dealer (of all brands) and let her decide which one she wants by what is most comfortable for her. Both will be much happier this way.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My wife has here 375 AC ....now it's a 400 and she is 5 foot and can get around with no real problems ;)
She got on my 660 Grizzly and had it up on it's rear.. :wheelie: I said she can stay on her Cat.. :thumbsup:
SM Cat badcomputer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
The 400 is a nice machine, it will get her through everything the bigger machines will run through without wearing her out. The AC's are very big compared to the others and after a day of hard riding you've gotten a workout. Put some new tires on and she'll be able to go where you go, just not as fast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife thought my 500 was a little hard to steer. We bought her the 400 and she loves it.
I would get her to ride a few and get what she feels comfortable on.
[attachment=70040:Broad_river.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hoopie @ May 7 2007, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Take her to the dealer (of all brands) and let her decide which one she wants by what is most comfortable for her. Both will be much happier this way.[/b]

I'm with Hoopie.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
i bought my wife an 06 400le she rode that for the year now she has a 500 auto,but now she is thinking of the 650 h1 she is only 5.2 and 105 lbs soaking wet but handles the machines very well.
this is her.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
My wife rode a 02 400i manual for 2 years and now has a07 500 auto and she likes it way better .
Kenny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.