Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use one of the Mountain Machines conversion kit to use 2 wheels in the rear rather than three and two put them inside the rail? I busted the stock wheel on a tree under the ground... Snapped my wheel and now it's time for an upgrade. What do you think?[attachment=62627:image.php.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've ran the MMP 2 wheel kit on mine for 2 years. I ran PEM 9" billets the first year and now Fabcraft 8" composites. I prefer the composites as the snow doesn't stick to them which it does to aluminum and also they are alot cheaper and lighter then billets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ndmtnsledder @ Feb 2 2007, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've ran the MMP 2 wheel kit on mine for 2 years. I ran PEM 9" billets the first year and now Fabcraft 8" composites. I prefer the composites as the snow doesn't stick to them which it does to aluminum and also they are alot cheaper and lighter then billets.[/b]
snow sticks to the wheels? Does it build up or...??? Never heard of that... You're right, billet wheels are $$$

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes it will build up. Snow loves to stick to bare aluminum. I had mine get so bad sometimes it almost stopped them from turning. I've decided the only benefit to billet is the bling.

·
Registered
317 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ndmtnsledder @ Feb 2 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes it will build up. Snow loves to stick to bare aluminum. I had mine get so bad sometimes it almost stopped them from turning. I've decided the only benefit to billet is the bling.[/b]
yea most billet parts are like that (Bling). Heck look at the way the snow sticks to the skid. But they do look really good (when the sled is indoors or on the trailor).

·
Registered
210 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SmackZ @ Feb 3 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ndmtnsledder @ Feb 2 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it will build up. Snow loves to stick to bare aluminum. I had mine get so bad sometimes it almost stopped them from turning. I've decided the only benefit to billet is the bling.[/b]
yea most billet parts are like that (Bling). Heck look at the way the snow sticks to the skid. But they do look really good (when the sled is indoors or on the trailor).
[/b][/quote]

Exactly I had my suspension parts all powdercoated this year and polished up the outside of the tunnel and its crazy how much less snow sticks to both now.

I forgot to add to that the 2wheel kit helps alot with carrying snow around in the skid. My sled non ported with the 2 wheel setup and my cousins with a ported track and 3 wheel setup seem to carry about the same amount or lack of snow and both carry alot less then a stock non ported 3 wheel setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.