Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering the fastest top end mph some of you have got with your firecats? My brother use to have a yamaha viper with a stage II Bender kit on it and it would go 120mph. How much do you have to do to a F7 to get this kind of performance? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,968 Posts
132.844 mph, well that's kinda cheating, we had 4 F7's in a row and were drafting Talledega style.. No not really, I dont have a clue how fast my 2 Firecats go. I kinda get scared after it hits the century mark and let off. I keep worrying a deer will step out from the side of the road or another sled will be coming at me at a 90 degree angle on a lake. ouch!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got 117mph on hard pack long straight away with 136 studs D&D clutch kit, pipe, and can racing a 02 srx 700 blew him away could not beleive it. Oh yea 05 F-7 carb. :tongue_nana:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got 127 on a 2 mile strech of ice. I own a 03 F7. Best sled I ever owned. I guess it depends on your weight, the temperture for the day, and the conditons. There has been days where I've only gotton 115. But 127 was the best I've ever done...

·
Premium Member
2,622 Posts
I got 129 once. It was on a completely smooth ice surface, on a lake in northern WI (forgot the name -- Vilas County) that tilted downhill a touch. It was also verified with GPS and Radar. The tilt of the lake may have added 1 or 2 more MPH, but I was flying none the less.

Oh yeah, I have 03 F7 SP with Ripsaw track, 153 studs, timing key, single pipe, D&D Y-pipe, Boondocker, and clutch kit. That was also running with the stock gearing that time.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 12 2007, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got 129 once. It was on a completely smooth ice surface, on a lake in northern WI (forgot the name -- Vilas County) that tilted downhill a touch. It was also verified with GPS and Radar. The tilt of the lake may have added 1 or 2 more MPH, but I was flying none the less.

Oh yeah, I have 03 F7 SP with Ripsaw track, 153 studs, timing key, single pipe, D&D Y-pipe, Boondocker, and clutch kit. That was also running with the stock gearing that time.

Nick[/b]
Yeah, I rode that same lake, except uphill, still got 126mph out of mine. Oh yeah, D&D twins, Boondocker & special race carbides.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
A stockish F7 can run 120 is setup properly. Bigger gears on the chain models and a lowered chassis will do that on ice with a little tuning.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 12 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nick[/b]

thats the one i was trying to remember,
was telling frend about that slanted lake.
couldent recall the name tho.

i know in the summer the bass boats are allways,
faster coming then when they are going. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 12 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 12 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nick[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Still water, such as a lake, will never be slanted. Just like a glass of water, one side is never higher than the other. The boat thing may be because of a current or wind, Or the fact that when something is coming towards u it sound louder/higher pitch/faster because the sound waves get pushed towards u at a faster frequency or someting, thus wen the boat is going away from u they are spaced farther out. Like what u here wen an indy car or sumthin comes towards u and flies by.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bryonthefly @ Jan 12 2007, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3x @ Jan 12 2007, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every time I go past 88mph, I end up in a town called Hill Valley back in the 50’s...[/b]
Mine does that too... must be the d&d flux capacitor. Rockerdude
[/b][/quote]
So that's the secret part that Dr. Emmet Brown-Hall put on my sled last year! :tongue_nana:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks I just wanted some type idea as to the capabilities of my 06' F7 EFI my brothers 05' F7 Carb. We just started doing some stuff to the sleds, so i'll post some results if we ever get snow to test them. Going to Grand Marais on Jan. 28 for a week. Praying for a good storm up there.

·
Premium Member
8,741 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03f5snopro @ Jan 12 2007, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (alleycat @ Jan 12 2007, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nick @ Jan 12 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nick[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Still water, such as a lake, will never be slanted. Just like a glass of water, one side is never higher than the other. The boat thing may be because of a current or wind, Or the fact that when something is coming towards u it sound louder/higher pitch/faster because the sound waves get pushed towards u at a faster frequency or someting, thus wen the boat is going away from u they are spaced farther out. Like what u here wen an indy car or sumthin comes towards u and flies by.
[/b][/quote]

its just a joke son!!!
we were just having some harmless fun. woot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dubielski @ Jan 12 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got 127 on a 2 mile strech of ice. I own a 03 F7. Best sled I ever owned. I guess it depends on your weight, the temperture for the day, and the conditons. There has been days where I've only gotton 115. But 127 was the best I've ever done...[/b]

BS....my Indy Trail can do 108 too

·
Registered
130 Posts
On the AC speedo, I've seen a best of 112mph on some decent hardpacked snow! 06 F7 EFI, I'd like to see 115mph out of it but that may be pushing it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts