Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any special way we are supposed to check the oil in out cats. I have a 2008 650H1 so no oil cooler. Mine almost always reads barely on the hatch marks when it is screwed in and then unscrewed to check oil level. Are we supposed to warm the engine to operating temp, then shut it off and let sit for a few min like a 400EX sport quad? Or check it cold?

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
Have you read your owners manual?

Reactions: iamrdman

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I would if I could, but the owners manual was swamped the day I bought the machine new...lol and I tried to take a peek at it, but the deep water riding right before winter soaked it and it froze shut. The ink looks pretty unreadable now too... lol

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
That info is also covered in the service manual. link to download in my signature.

·
Administrator
38,965 Posts
Your dealer will also get you one. For the 1/2 hour it takes to read it I consider it good protection for the longevity of a multi thousand dollar toy.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
For Cat motors you have to have it screwed in. Suzuki motors with the auto / belt you had to leave it un screwed. For you you screw it in as that is a Cat made motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts