Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
801 - 820 of 829 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
2009 AC Thundercat oil in the airbox

Hello everyone, im a new user here and just a arctic cat fan. I would appreciate any and all feed back regarding this. My 2009 AC Thundercat is getting a lot of oil in the airbox from the vent tube it appears. I checked the oil level on the dipstick before I rode it was right in the middle of the has marks then when I got back I checked the dipstick again and it is on the low side almost none. And oil in the airbox again. Runs great no smoke lots of power only 150 hrs on bike. A lot of oil is getting in the airbox. Im scared to ride because I don't wanna accidently burn up my engine. Any help would be great. I searched up burp bottle mod but to me it seems that wouldn't cut it. Thnx

·
Registered
34 Posts
2009 AC Thundercat. Rad relocate, snorkeled, 4" Catvos Lift, gorilla prop shaft and front gorilla axles and Turner rear axles, highlifter clutch springs, burp bottle mod, crankcase vent mod, 29.5 Outlaws on 12" SS rims w/ 1.5" spacers. HID headlights, Tilt mod. Oh and hand and thumb warmers lmao. and whatever else im forgetting.

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
Tilt mod?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Engine shuts off after a certain degree of tilt. Safety feature, Removed.

Reactions: FirecatV2

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
Engine shuts off after a certain degree of tilt. Safety feature, Removed.

The tilt sensor shuts off the fuel pump. If the machine rolls over it could keep on pumping fuel in the event of break in the line. That could cause a nasty fire. Wouldn't it be safer to just put the tilt sensor on a switch so you can shut it off in the real steep technical stuff?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes good advise thank you Doorfx. going to make sure Im covered. Not sure how it works I didn't install it but it kills the machine only if it rolls.

On a second note check this out. My 2009 Arctic Cat thunder 1000cc cat with snorkels (3pvcpipes). One to the air intake, and the other two to the belt housing, one tothe front and one to the rear of the belt hsg. So I am hearing a metal ringingor rattling sound coming from inside the snorkel that leads to the real of thebelt housing. Not a grinding or squealing sound but like as if there was a boltwith a metal washer in there not tight and its ring ding ding in there likexmas bells or something. You can only hear it if the machine is off and yourear is near the snorkel and you give the quad a bump or shake to make it rattle. Bikeruns great and awesome. If you could shed light on this that would be great. Ilooked all over the net and couldn’t find anything. I guess I will be takingthe cover off to take a look. Pain in the butt.

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
Yep that cover needs to come off. It could even be the bearing in the cover.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bearing? easy to replace?

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thnx. Took the cover off, It's a spacer or shim looks like that is loose on the shaft that is located in between the belt plates were the belt rides on the secondary cluch (the clutch closer to the rear). I can see it with a mirror and shake the bike. The clutch itself has a little play when you pull and push on it, normal I believe.

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
Thnx. Took the cover off, It's a spacer or shim looks like that is loose on the shaft that is located in between the belt plates were the belt rides on the secondary cluch (the clutch closer to the rear). I can see it with a mirror and shake the bike. The clutch itself has a little play when you pull and push on it, normal I believe.

Can you please start a new thread. This is the wrong place for repair talk.

Reactions: johann

·
Administrator
40,366 Posts
Nice machine!!!

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
This was earlier this year running with a group along one of the river tributaries close to my place.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
That is a nice colour on that machine. Never seen that one before.
Thanks!

Was only offered in 2013 on the XT option I believe when AC was just getting into painting the ATV line-up

It's held up nicely.

801 - 820 of 829 Posts