Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It's a bearing to allow the spring to turn instead of bind. Simple.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered ROCK rollers from bd, and 10.4 clutch with adjuster,would shift assists be overkill or do you think it would be wise to get them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevieb @ Jan 15 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I ordered ROCK rollers from bd, and 10.4 clutch with adjuster,would shift assists be overkill or do you think it would be wise to get them.[/b]

...works as advertised...for all DD sleds..smoooothe upshift. Makes the DD behave nicely.

technically its called a thrust bearing..old idea..new application. But performs to keep the sec. spring from heat build up/binding.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Get some feedback on those Rock Rollers. I have heard negative things on them (breaking, etc). However, I have also heard that was an issue with the "first batch" etc...so not sure about the latest.

·
Registered
479 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (im4snow2000 @ Jan 16 2007, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Get some feedback on those Rock Rollers. I have heard negative things on them (breaking, etc). However, I have also heard that was an issue with the "first batch" etc...so not sure about the latest.[/b]

Bought a set, w/ my shift assist..ready to put on..Mech. at shop showed me pcs. of rollers just taken off a firecat7 after 75 miles of a hard trail ride :angry_mad:

..Rollers in the toolbox.Will stay there.!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have one on my crossfire yes. I rode it last year without for one trip. I'll admit then I didn't have a CLUE when it came to the DD secondary. I just ordered a bunch of parts a few weeks ago and threw this in also. Now that I understand the clutch it is a neat little piece. Problem is stock when the clutch upshifts and backshifts it twists the spring. That's no good. With the bearing the spring rotates and keeps it's shape perfectly. Even with the clutch off the sled you can easily rotate the spring retainer / spring. Unlike before when it would be a bugger to turn.

I still have VERY VERY limited experience with the clutch (less than a mile with shift assist), but this is a neat little piece. D&D has another BIG $$ maker here. First bullseyes, now this. I like it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
how thick is it? wont that mess with the rate of your spring? just thinking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This style of bearing has many applications in machinery and has been around for years. They are designed to operate in a CLEAN enviroment and in OIL. They will not last long in this application. Any bearing house sells them $8 to $10 each

1 - 14 of 14 Posts