Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I was running with a bunch of guys that were riding 800 revs and doing a great job keeping up with them with my 03 f7 (killing them on the straights, keeping up with them in the twisties, having a hard time in the bumps), well this year they all picked up 2010 skidoo 800's with the 137" 16" with 1.75" lugs, I hear these sled's are great crossover sleds and a bit worried about getting left in the dust. Not wanting to switch brands does any one have any suggestions on what sled would be able to keep up or what I could do to keep my sled in the running, I already have the timing advance, I just got new secondary after market manifold and can, C&A ski's

·
Premium Member
9,488 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much "Nitro" ... they will have to get use to new sled....then will have to stop here and there ....with how you know your Sled and what it can do... I think you will be able to stay with them..beside's...look at the $$$ they have in the New sled vs. You and the Fastest F7 made !!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I ride the biggest sled out of my bunch of buds, and Im always last, one bud has a ski doo also and in the twisties I cant get close but on the straights I get them all. I guess I dont care if Im last " at least Im enjoying the ride" besides us cat guys are way cooler!

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you want your F series to rail do the following:
Pull in the front limiter about 1 -1 1/2" , if you are studded use 8" carbides, Make the front shock as loose as possible but not to rattle.
On the ski shocks you need about 1 1/2" of thread showing.
I did this on my old F6 and the thing railed better than my zr.
Play with the settings on your machine. They don't come from the factory properly set up for one type of riding.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, I know these guys shelled out about 11 grand for their sleds and I would love to put them to shame, its always so much fun watching tears coming from a doo owner, I can never figure out if their crying yellow or if someone just pissed in the snow lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts