Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking in to buying a F7 and i was wondering if Arctic cat had trouble with the F7 efi blowing up. What year was the year that they blew up. i knew a guy who owned one and he had to bring it the the shop for a motor rebuild like three times. maybe it was just that sled he owned but if anyone has info on this subject i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
none, except the 03's... lots had the oil pump set too lean and were running 80 to 100:1 on oil ratio.. once they and we all figured it out, I have seen nearly 0 blow up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have not seen few to nearly any f7's that have blown up.

You want a sled that blows go buy a skud haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the only f7 I seen blown up was a Nightfire, and it sat on the bottom of a lake the week before the engine let go.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes they ran them a bit lean in 2003 but after they did the ECU update all was good. The F7 is a great sled with a proven engine.

Hope this helps Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Add to the 2003 that the majority of the F7's that year did NOT have a problem. The '03 had a bad rap for being a ticking time bomb, but the main reason behind that was internet hype! I had a 2003 and that thing was bullet proof! We had to be wary of an air pocket in the coolant line, and other than that the previously mentioned oil pump adjustment. If you're looking at a 2003, just run the VIN and make sure all of the service bulletins & recalls were done. I can just about guarantee you that you'll be MORE THAN HAPPY with that engine package!

And yes - 2007 ... they sure missed the boat, didn't they Rickiteer426! :lol: :beer_cheers: At least they righted the ship in the past couple years.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i have thousand miles on my 03, never had an issue with the engine, or really enything else for that matter. I love it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the info the year of the sled i was looking at was a 03. and i think arctic cat did go wrong in 07 not making one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts