Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 07 f1000 if the coolant temp sensor was bad, how would the sled act?? or if the intake temp sensor was bad how would the sled act?? , and if the tps sensor was bad how would it act?? im trying to elimante wich sensor to try first.. my sled runs rough under 5000 rpm and perfect over 5000rpm, wondering wich sensor would you think it would most likely to be.... thanks!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Any or all of the above.
Did you test each sensor against the values listed in the service manual?
Did the running issue start when you damaged the sled?
What does the clutch engage at?
Other than the Y pipe, any other mods?
Did you try disconnecting the boondocker and retesting?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know as I only had it out for a few mins before I smashed it! I didn't try unhooking the boondocker. Mods are d&d y pipe d&d can d&d clutch kit has a white spring in primary engages like 3200 I think it is. I didn't test and sensors yet as I don't have the service manual ! Just wanted to know if any of the sensors could be bad causing stuttering issue low rpm but still be fine over 5000

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Could be anything. Could be the ECU, stator, injectors... heck, if you smashed it up you'll be looking for more than just a couple of sensors. But, i wouldn't trust any electrical parts on it at this point unless you test them all on a known good machine.

Steve

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Air temp sensor and it's wiring are up there.
No short cut to finding a problem like that.
You never said, did it start after the incident?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i only drove it for about half hour before i cracked it up and dont remeber if it was acting like it is now or not, i think yes. the air box had a small crack in it so i put a new one on it, the sensor was broke so i found a airbox in a friends loft and too the sensor out of his and put in mine.wiring looks all good no burnt or chafed.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But did notice after ate and went and started it. And when it's cold works alot alot better!!! And it's harder on gas then my buddy's crf1000 with same mods too

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is it hard to change the coolant temp sensor on these ?? It looks like in pics right at the very back on the bottom.....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok took the air intake temp sensor out today took it to the shop and had them check it i had 2 of them and one was showing 16.50 other was 15.45 so i used teh 16.50 one!! Ill have to check coolant temp sensor next!!!i see the wires in back kinda by te recoil but ya dont look like fun changing that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts