Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have an EPI clutch kit for 28s or bigger the red spring kit I love the kit for the low end power but Im thinking about putting the stock parts back in the rollers and the big spring on the secondary but not the internal springs how would this effect the machine would I gain back any top end or should I get the gasket for the internal and put all the stock parts back in Im only running 26s right now

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
internal springs only control launch (wet clutch lock up)...no top end or anything like that. If you dont like how hard the wet clutch hits or how high it needs to rev to enguage then change it...short of that it does nothing else

Reactions: Dozeman

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if I install the factory springs all but the internal It should go back to more of a stock feel all but how hard the clutch hits would this be a good idea to get some of my top end back

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
yes if you put the secondary spring and rollers back to factory you will get your top end back ...but you will still have the hard hit from the internal springs

Reactions: Dozeman

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
will it be ok to use gasket sealer on the clutch cover instead of buying a new gasket and I also thought of filling the duck bills with sealer
The gasket on mine is rubber and reusable. I added a little grease (to help waterproof) to the gasket instead of RTV to keep the mess to a minimum and it has worked for me. Definitely fill the duck bills up with silicone and do the edges/grooves of them before reinstalling as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The gasket on mine is rubber and reusable. I added a little grease (to help waterproof) to the gasket instead of RTV to keep the mess to a minimum and it has worked for me. Definitely fill the duck bills up with silicone and do the edges/grooves of them before reinstalling as well.
mine is not reusable it is an AC motor H1 will do on the duckbills

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about leaving the EPI rollers and just changing the big spring back to stock what effect would that have Funny thing is I can put all these parts in but cant comprehend what they do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.