Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I really like the way my zrt looks, and heres what I am thinking on doing here. I want to get one of those mountain running boards that I was talking about the other day and now I realized its a manufactured product. So I got that as an idea. The other idea was what A G did to his ZRT. Stripping the decals. I really dont like the big decals anyways. I am thinking on either keeping it black or putting making some of those monster graphics or have some flames painted onto it. Than I will be get some different skis. All depends on what color I got with for the hood and the whole sled itself. I also want to get me some of those new handbar risers that go straight up, cause I am usually never sitting down on mine unless im opening it up. I will also be getting some handguards that I am going to either have them custom painted to match the sled too. Or just paint them the same black as the hood.

Now for the engine changes. I am getting some nice new pipes and can that are getting repainted when I pay the guy. So that will be all nice and shiny. My running boards will also be silver which I forgot to mention. And I am going to put some paint thinner on the belt guard so its down to the bare aluminum and polish it. I am going to repaint the heads and put all new reflective foil tape down. While I have the pipes all off I am going to complete flush out any oil residue on the inside belly of the engine comparment. Than mabey look into a chemical like they use on tires that mabey can bring the color of the paint back to life. Not sure if that is possible. Or if all else fails I will simply take the whole motor out and repaint it. I dont think besides the wires it should be too hard. Than I simply just take the motor mounts off. But this wont be done till my riding season is over. But it gives me something to think about in the spring or whenever the snow melts. I really think this will look pretty nice for under $300 bucks. Thats includeing the pipes, can, bar risers, and hand guards. When I do start I will have before and after pictures for sure.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just realized I wont be taking the motor out cause than I would have to take the cluth off and all that. Not really worth it to paint the belly pan. Mabey ill just put some paper over spots that I dont want the paint to touch and tape it shut and than paint around it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.