Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what most people are runnig for tires. Mud lites seem popular but what about something like the swamp lites, bear claw, or buffalo? Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I am not sure myself! I still run the stock tires on my 650 H1..but my friend has Titan 589s and he swears by em! Also his cousin has some vampires that are sickening ..so I hear...Im sure youll get plent of info here..
hope this helps somewhat!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I run Outlaw MST's. love 'em.
JD

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Benny, not sure what quad your running? Also what use you need your tires for? Currently I'm running ML XL's b/c my dealer wouldn't allow anything else for warranty purposes, not a bad overall tire. There not a pure mud tire but do fine.. Swamplites are my favorite out of the tires you mentioned, I think they look sick but couldn't get them in Canada.. Other tires worth mentioning are MST's, Executioners (lil heavy) & Bighorns (IMO there ugly lol)..

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sanny651 @ Mar 18 2007, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It all depends on how you predominantly use your quad (mudding, trail, work, dunes, rocks, etc...)[/b]
Exactly, your riding terrain and style will be a determining factor in the tires you are after.

For all around hard pack trail riding, you cant beat the bearclaws for handling and wear. The mudlites are a good tire but are also a softer compound and will wear faster, at slow speeds the XL's have a rougher ride as well.
My brother just sold his 27" mudlites and went to some 25" Maxxis Bighorns. He hasn't had much riding time with them, just plowing snow but did find they worked better in the snow then the mudlites did, being a less aggressive tread they wouldn't dig down and sink like the ML's.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Swamplites are my choice thumbguy

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
My Mud Lite XTR's are just what I needed for all types of trails that I run on, They are much better than the stockers for sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts