Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weigh about 215 geared up. I have the rear springs set on the hardest setting, and thats about all ive messed with so far. What changes have you guys done, and what is effected when messing with the rear, front coil over? Also, what are you guys finding that you like for the front corners? I have the rear suspension bolts in the lower mount holes, and the limiter straps out, and kinda like the way this is working so far. Just wanting to do some fine tuning on the preloads.

One other possibly related question. My rear suspension when im out riding, always seems to be collapsed 4-5 inches...Just like stopping on the trail, get off, and it doesnt rise back up. The springs look alright, everything is greased, and again, on the stiffest setting. Anyone have any ideas on this as well? Shock rebuild or something maybe?
Thanks in advance!
Brian

PS. All stock suspension, Sled Junky idler kit.

·
Registered
706 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Coxy @ Jan 22 2007, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I weigh about 215 geared up. I have the rear springs set on the hardest setting, and thats about all ive messed with so far. What changes have you guys done, and what is effected when messing with the rear, front coil over? Also, what are you guys finding that you like for the front corners? I have the rear suspension bolts in the lower mount holes, and the limiter straps out, and kinda like the way this is working so far. Just wanting to do some fine tuning on the preloads.

One other possibly related question. My rear suspension when im out riding, always seems to be collapsed 4-5 inches...Just like stopping on the trail, get off, and it doesnt rise back up. The springs look alright, everything is greased, and again, on the stiffest setting. Anyone have any ideas on this as well? Shock rebuild or something maybe?
Thanks in advance!
Brian

PS. All stock suspension, Sled Junky idler kit.[/b]
05's need to have the shocks revalved, especially the rear arm. Valving was way off that year. Holz front arm bracket is also a must. Front arm spring usually run it pretty loose but everyone likes there's alittle different.
Fronts aren't to far off, little on the soft side. Ti springs w/ helpers work well as do floaters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts