Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kinda want to ditch the stock skis they kinda suck...was wondering what everyone is running...the c&as are by far better looking than the slp's how about some pics of each on your sleds and some info..how much too

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have PP's on my XF and C&A on my F7. For trail riding I'd prefer the C&A. You just don't need that huuuuge wide PP ski for trails. For off trail the PP is better.

There are 3 disadvantages of the PP's that I've found.
First they are wide. Tough to get on a trailer.
Second they cut DEEP into the trail. If there are rocks / etc underneath you hit them with the PP skis way before you'd hit them with the C&A. The difference is amazing riding the 2 sleds back to back down the same trail.
3rd is price.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the PP's on crossfire yes I wish narrower,
but I like handling improvment. Another issue with
them is if you change the Stance you must take the
ski apart to do so. C&A I don't know.
either is a good choice....
Soulemann

·
Registered
24 Posts
PP's are a great improvment on handling , if I was going to try another pair I would try simmons but I like the PP's. I think they look better on the sled because they are shorter than the stockers. Paid 300 with backets and loops including 6" 60 degree carbides- www.xtremesledparts.com bad snow conditions equaled hitting alot of rocks this season but they were tough.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i love my simmons,these are the skis that ski doo tried to copy and found themselves on the losing end of a law suit in court.
their a little more money but worth every penny.dual carbides,great in powder,great on the hill,great on the trail.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm verry happy with the slt skis. The sled doesn't push in turns and never darts, very predictable corners without lifting ski as much as stock.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Will the black saddle-less Arctic Cat ski's from a 05-06 M sled fit a 06 Crossfire? Also, is it even worth the effort? I mean, should I just buy a aftermarket ski and say the heck with it?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes they'll fit. Yes, they are a little better than the stock CF skis being wider and having a deeper keel. Considering M skis are around $100 and aftermarkets are $300+, are they 3 times better? Depends on what type of riding you do, snow conditions and carbides.

·
Registered
184 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Retro6 @ Apr 7 2007, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Will the black saddle-less Arctic Cat ski's from a 05-06 M sled fit a 06 Crossfire? Also, is it even worth the effort? I mean, should I just buy a aftermarket ski and say the heck with it?[/b]
I have a pair of M skies on my sled and it made a world of a difference. Paid $125.00 with carbides and shipping for the pair on ebay.

·
Registered
113 Posts
PP's one mine. Excellent ski for off trail and on trail. As csmcat50 said: they dig deep on trail. Up here where I ride the trails have enough snow not to be a problem. If you run marginal or soft trail snow you will hit rocks. With 6" carbides on these the sled railed corners and had zero darting issues. If you run a lot of trails check your carbides regardless of ski brand and observe the wear. I did bergstroms shimming on mine as the front of the carbide was wearing quite more than the rear. Put a piece of hyfax at the rear of the ski rubber to push the rear of the ski down so the front is an eight in. higher than the rear. This alone has solved a lot of darting issues. Check out Bergstroms site there is a lot of info to be had. Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts