Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'2" and have a 1.5" riser, but think i need to go higher. What size riser do you use, and what is your height?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 6'2" also and I have a 6 inch riser on mine. I had 4 " but like the 6 better. To go that high you have to put on a throttle extension and brake line

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
got a 3" ole's but I'm only 5'8".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, i measured it last night and it's a 2" block added below the orignial mounts. so this puts the bars exactly 2" above stock, but about 3" above the mounting plate.

so what are those dimensions of the ole? is a 4" riser 4" on the "front" end, or is it something like 5", to give you 4" lift above stock?. I would like to get a couple inches more out of the bars, so dont' want to order the 4" when i'd just be getting half an inch more in rise.

how hard is it and expensive to extend the brakes and throttle? do you gotta replace the entire cables, or can you just add on extensions?

thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (antonista @ Feb 16 2007, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
actually, i measured it last night and it's a 2" block added below the orignial mounts. so this puts the bars exactly 2" above stock, but about 3" above the mounting plate.

so what are those dimensions of the ole? is a 4" riser 4" on the "front" end, or is it something like 5", to give you 4" lift above stock?. I would like to get a couple inches more out of the bars, so dont' want to order the 4" when i'd just be getting half an inch more in rise.

how hard is it and expensive to extend the brakes and throttle? do you gotta replace the entire cables, or can you just add on extensions?

thanks[/b]
My 4" riser for an M will rise the bars about 3.5". All my 4" risers measure 4" on the short side. I hope this helps.

My 4" riser will fit on an '05 M with stock brake and throttle. All you need to do is extend the right side handle bar warmer wires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have installed alot of 4" risers on m series and had no problem with throttle,brake, or wires being to short. Anything taller and you'll have to do some extending. What ever you put on be CAREFULL and whatch your throttle. make sure that it's not tight at the throttle body.We've had a couple that bound up and almost had a run away. If it doesn't start on 1-2 pulls something is wrong. 1m be super careful we've had 4 that had run aways.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I added Ole's 4" riser and I am 5'8" tall. I rode 30 miles today standing 90% of the time boondocking. At times I was wondering if a 6" riser would have been nicer. The guy I rode with has no risers and sits riding his M. He thinks I'm nuts. It really depends on your riding style.

·
Registered
232 Posts
5'6 with a 2" Ole riser. I wasnt too uncomfortable with the stock hight, but the taller bars made standing all day on this thing much more comfortable for me. Gave me the option to lean back more without stretching my body out. Tried to sit on that banged out trail, bars didnt feel terrible, but didnt last long sitting.
Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have risers on all three of my sleds. My wife is '6 tall and has a 4" on her '99 Powder Special 700. Our guest sled is a '01 Z440 and has a 4" riser. Both sleds required no special mods to fit the extra height. I'm 6'8" and I put a 12" riser on my '03 Mountain Cat 900 and needed extentions on everything. I became concerned about bending the steering column so now I'm down to 8" (3" swivel mount & 5" block). My friends with the newer M's seem to like AMP risers, but they seem too short for me.

[attachment=63850:900_Wallpaper.jpg][attachment=63851:Wallpaper_900.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts