Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pretty sure it is 50-1. The oil pump has three marks on it, one on the pump and two on the arm. Line up the marks from the arm and the pump, one at idle and one at full throttle, make your ajustment with the jam nuts on the bracket between the carbs then you'll be all set, but I would be willing to bet your problem is not oil it's jetting.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The factory recommended fuel/oil ration is indeed 50/1 however many sleds are delivered with much richer mixtures. The markings on the oil pump is only a guideline. Doing a fuel-oil usage study is the only way to determine your actual ratio. And the ratio will fluctuate depending on the particular riding style that day. More wide-open throttle, more oil used. Off and on throttle or rail-bed cruising less oil pumped.
I've run my '02 ZR800 at 65-70/1 ratio using Blue Marble since it's second tank of oil. Buddy runs his on Amsoil set at similar ratio. After many thousands of miles neither sled has suffered any oil related problems. The leaner mixture bonuses are clean APV's, less smoke and saved $'s.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MUSKOKA800 @ Jan 23 2007, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The factory recommended fuel/oil ration is indeed 50/1 however many sleds are delivered with much richer mixtures. The markings on the oil pump is only a guideline. Doing a fuel-oil usage study is the only way to determine your actual ratio. And the ratio will fluctuate depending on the particular riding style that day. More wide-open throttle, more oil used. Off and on throttle or rail-bed cruising less oil pumped.
I've run my '02 ZR800 at 65-70/1 ratio using Blue Marble since it's second tank of oil. Buddy runs his on Amsoil set at similar ratio. After many thousands of miles neither sled has suffered any oil related problems. The leaner mixture bonuses are clean APV's, less smoke and saved $'s.[/b]
at 65-70/1 ratio how many miles can you drive before your out of oil , or the lite comes on

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can't say that! It depends on what kind of fuel mileage you get. Big difference if let's say he runs hard and only gets 8 miles to the gallon, or if he runs easy and gets more like 12 miles to the gallon.

Figure out your own ratio for your own sled. Go from there.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Mine is set for 200 miles per quart. Have been as lean as 240 miles per quart. Almost 6k miles with these settings using KLOTZ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts