Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'6" tall and weigh 320lbs. I also ride my kids around which adds another 210lbs. I have set my adjustable shocks to the fourth setting.
What do you guys set to and why?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Right now my shocks are set at the level that they came with from the dealer. I've heard of guys trying to change the setting only to snap that puny little wrench AC gives ya, and being stuck with 2 or 3 shocks adjusted. I'm gonna try and make a copy of the wrench using 1/4 inch steel and see how it works.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sprayed WD40 on mine and lifted the ATV to get the weight off the shock and adjustment went fine. Your right though, that adjustment wrench is a piece of crap. I have a friend who has a laser. I am going to see if could cut me one from some 1/4" cold rolled flat bar.

·
Registered
232 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl0wF1sh @ Jan 3 2007, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I sprayed WD40 on mine and lifted the ATV to get the weight off the shock and adjustment went fine. Your right though, that adjustment wrench is a piece of crap. I have a friend who has a laser. I am going to see if could cut me one from some 1/4" cold rolled flat bar.[/b]
mail me one :D

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Try using a large set of channel locks (pipe grip style) they work great those flat wrenches are for busting your knuckles.
Kenny

·
Registered
300 Posts
I agree, use channel lock pliers, its the only way

I have my front shocks on the stiffest and rears in the middle for winter. I do lots of plowing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
what would you suggest no plowing but snow trail...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Take the weight off of the tires, spray it with WD-40 and use large channel locks. I have all of mine set on the stiffest setting but I do a lot of hauling of wood and hunting. :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine is set in the middle front and rear. I'm going to set the rears to the softest setting whenever I get around to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bl0wF1sh @ Jan 2 2007, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I sprayed WD40 on mine and lifted the ATV to get the weight off the shock and adjustment went fine. Your right though, that adjustment wrench is a piece of crap. I have a friend who has a laser. I am going to see if could cut me one from some 1/4" cold rolled flat bar.[/b]
Just buy a 2nd wrench, tack weld them togeather, and then you woud have a wrench twice as strong. Anyone know how much the wrench is?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You can buy a universal spanner wrench for 10.00 at harbor frieght or other tool store, but you must jack up and lube both ends of the shock or you can break off the little shock tabs. I run higgest setting on rear and 2 less on front. This works good for trail riding.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I set mine on 3 up front and highest on rear. I run it like that by myself or with my girlfriend ( or your girlfriend/wife/daughter/sister :devil_angry: ) and it works well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts