Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which sabercat 500 would you take and why?

04 sabercat 500

04 sabercat 500 LX

05 sabercat 500

05 sabercat 500 LX

06 sabercat 500 EFI

06 sabercat 500 EFI LX

·
Registered
691 Posts
IMO....EFI LX due to electric start (always nice on a very cold day), reverse...SWEET and EFI, turn key and go, easy to mod up as well no need to adjust or clean carbs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
934 Posts
the 06 efi lx. efi, for obvious reasons (I will never own another sled with carbs). lx for the reverse. The electric start on the 500 or 600 is only needed for some people. Reverse is one of those things that you don't really care about until you put some miles on a sled that actually has reverse; then you wont live without it (with exeption to those that live on the lake all winter racing in a straight line). If you plan on riding the sled really hard, stay away from the 04 Sabers. The front ski spring adjust system on the shocks is crap. It is an adjustable system that is not meant to be adjusted ( bang your head ). I wont get into all the details, but the end result is having your spring resting on your spindle and bellypan while you limp the sled back to the trailer (you will loose the adjuster sleeve and the spring retainer).

sorry for the long post - 06 500 efi lx

·
Registered
24 Posts
My favorite graphics are on the 06 in black. Standard=less weight. I love mine so far. My only complaint is that it's kind of slow getting to 50, but it's not meant to be a hard core performance rocket either. It pulls pretty hard after 50, though. Great gas mileage-today it was in the high 20's and I drove around 45 mph most of time (trail speeds) and it got about 18.5 mpg. The reverse might be nice on the LX (my friend has the 06 LX), but I wouldn't use reverse very often, and that and electric start add like 40 lbs. to the sled.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the reverse and electric start only add about 30lbs. So its not that bad.

And "03f5snopro" i really like sabercats because they dont kill you in the bumbs with their softer suspension. I have mine adjusted really hard though. You would think you were driving a firecat. "almost"! Plus, a lot of people on this site have them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Saber this post Look familiar from another site ya posted it on?????

I was looking over at arcticchat.com and all of those guys over there are total snobs. At least the people with bigger sleds. Just because they have bigger sleds they will do anything to prove the guys with smaller motors like 400's and 500's and Even 600's cant go over 70 mph. Ive had my sabercat 500 up to around 80 like this other guy on there with break in oil and it still having throttle left. Youd be surprized of how many guys over there have sabercat 500s and all of them say 90-100mph. then all the other hot shots say luck to get 75 out of it. Thats why i will NEVER be a member there.

So really, thats why i apreciate this site. No big guys pick on the little guys. And everyone really knows what some sleds can do.

So THANKS SF and SF MEMBERS for making this a great site!

·
Registered
703 Posts
a 600 or 700 -05!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SLedfreak69 @ Jan 15 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Saber this post Look familiar from another site ya posted it on?????

I was looking over at arcticchat.com and all of those guys over there are total snobs. At least the people with bigger sleds. Just because they have bigger sleds they will do anything to prove the guys with smaller motors like 400's and 500's and Even 600's cant go over 70 mph. Ive had my sabercat 500 up to around 80 like this other guy on there with break in oil and it still having throttle left. Youd be surprized of how many guys over there have sabercat 500s and all of them say 90-100mph. then all the other hot shots say luck to get 75 out of it. Thats why i will NEVER be a member there.

So really, thats why i apreciate this site. No big guys pick on the little guys. And everyone really knows what some sleds can do.

So THANKS SF and SF MEMBERS for making this a great site![/b]
:wtf: I dont think thats the same guy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it were me i would take the 06. Cuz i really like those graphics and i could never live without EFI!

BTW, that doesnt sound like the same guy. and when did he post that on that site? you said he posted it on this site too. Ive never seen it on here! and look, on the SF site it is a 2002 ZR 440 non sno pro and studded. On this site its a 2000 ZR 440 sno pro non studded.

I just dont like it when other people bash on other people. I dont do that.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SLedfreak69 @ Jan 15 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trailrider21 @ Jan 15 2007, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yes it is the same person do a search of his posts on Snowmobile Fanatics he asks the same questions as on here.

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php...c=48758&hl=

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=50543

Now tell me its not him!!![/b]
And now for the big shocker everyone......Trailrider21 and Sledfreak69 are the same person. Sorry man, thats a big no-no on the forums. That'll earn you a little time off from the site, and when you come back, I hope you can decide which identity you want to keep and contribute positively to ArcticChat.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts