Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have an 04 f7 efi snopro and i am wanting to get a little more preformance out of it. i wanted to put reeds in it but i dont know which is the best i heard the v force 3 reeds are good but at the same time i heard that the carbon teh reeds are great to i was just wondering what reeds are the best and if it makes a difference for my sled because i heard that with efi it is not the biggest difference like with carb so if any one can help let me know which work best and how much it will help thanks also what is the best gas to use 91-93 high octain or the 87-89 low but both without ethanal or is ethanal better for the preformance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ok first off I must make this part clear, DO NOT USE ETHANOL it will kill your engine. You want to use the 87-89 perferably 87. Ethanol will not help your performance in any way. The only reason you should use ethatonl is if your sled was designed to use it, which I heard a few were but make sure. Ok second of all, I never used before so I wouldnt really know much about them. But carbon fiber reeds I would imagine are slightly more lighter than the v-force reeds. Also even with reeds it might not make a difference at all, mabey 1-3 hp if your lucky. Ive heard cases where it actually decreases power. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my experience reeds on an efi F7 (or carbed for that matter) will only make it harder to start and have no noticeable performance gain. They do seem to help on the bigger sleds though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
you got your answer, what are you bumping it for, if you look around on here you will see 100's of posts saying there is little or no gain, and makes sled harder to start. higher the octane you can run the better, no ethanol.

·
Banned
252 Posts
DO NOT run reeds, you will NOT see a performance gain unless you have a highly MODIFIED motor for racing. The reeds help higher rpms motors best and the ZR900 where the quality of the reeds were of less quality. 87 without water preferably. No problems with higher OCT ,but it gives you peace of mind and for LONG WOT's it helps preventatively.

·
Registered
464 Posts
single pipe or bikeman's stock pipe mod. Run 87-89.

Add a 2.5 degree advanced timing key and you have to run 92 or more.

Those 2 will get you the extra little "kick" you are looking for for $200.

Less $ than reeds and more effective.

You could also run the fuel restrictor, but you seem new to the modifiying game, so I'd recommend the pipe/key combo cause it's "plug and play"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts