Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was one of the people who had a CF 1000 blow up. 5 Miles and Kaboom! No problem AC replaces sled with new one 1 month later.

New REPLACEMENT sled has 200 miles on it, whew this one is going to stay together...till tonight's run.

Stopped to wait for a buddy, left sled idling look back to see flames shooting from exhaust. Continued to shoot flames till I started seeing enough smoke that I thought it was going to catch on fire so shut down machine. Panel below exhaust is bubbled due to heat. Honestly, if I did not shut this sled down it would have gone up!!

I am just about at the end of my rope with AC. I have NO confidence left with this motor!!! I know some will say what do you expect with a first year motor, but I'm 2 for 2!!!

What should I do from here?

On a side note, CHECK THE ROUTING OF YOUR BRAKE LINE...mine has MELTED throught the plastic sleeve. It lies up against the muffler. Should be pretty, no brakes, shooting flames out the exhaust on a 1000cc rocket straight to HELL!!!

It is to the point that it is almost funny now...

·
Registered
145 Posts
This weekend 2 friends with 800 crossfires, and one friend (who owns a cat dealer in the UP) who has a F1000 all had this happen SEVERAL times.

Cat told the dealer to send all the ECUs to cat ASAP for re-programming

1 - 2 of 2 Posts