Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was one of the people who had a CF 1000 blow up. 5 Miles and Kaboom! No problem AC replaces sled with new one 1 month later.

New REPLACEMENT sled has 200 miles on it, whew this one is going to stay together...till tonight's run.

Stopped to wait for a buddy, left sled idling look back to see flames shooting from exhaust. Continued to shoot flames till I started seeing enough smoke that I thought it was going to catch on fire so shut down machine. Panel below exhaust is bubbled due to heat. Honestly, if I did not shut this sled down it would have gone up!!

I am just about at the end of my rope with AC. I have NO confidence left with this motor!!! I know some will say what do you expect with a first year motor, but I'm 2 for 2!!!

What should I do from here?

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chiefkp @ Jan 25 2007, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, I was one of the people who had a CF 1000 blow up. 5 Miles and Kaboom! No problem AC replaces sled with new one 1 month later.

New REPLACEMENT sled has 200 miles on it, whew this one is going to stay together...till tonight's run.

Stopped to wait for a buddy, left sled idling look back to see flames shooting from exhaust. Continued to shoot flames till I started seeing enough smoke that I thought it was going to catch on fire so shut down machine. Panel below exhaust is bubbled due to heat. Honestly, if I did not shut this sled down it would have gone up!!

I am just about at the end of my rope with AC. I have NO confidence left with this motor!!! I know some will say what do you expect with a first year motor, but I'm 2 for 2!!!

What should I do from here?[/b]
get a new sled again and set it up again or find someone to do it for you because who ever is setting up the sleds over their must be kids and not doing the right things with the cooling system and i'm telling you i have 700 miles on my f1000 and i'm still adding a little coolant to it so far its been a coffee cup full and that might make all the difference in a cooling system, i drag race and dragsters are tough to get the air out and i can see sleds are the same,its not good to let a sled idle to long anyway, it don't cool if you not riding it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts