Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 650v2. I want to put a pipe on it. What do you guys recomend? The full exhaust I saw at speedwerx is $604. Out of my price range right now. On e-bay I've seen 2 different kins of hmf slip-ons one is a hmf utility claiming a 7 horsepower increase and the other is a hmf pendland. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sevenmag @ Jan 22 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 06 650v2. I want to put a pipe on it. What do you guys recomend? The full exhaust I saw at speedwerx is $604. Out of my price range right now. On e-bay I've seen 2 different kins of hmf slip-ons one is a hmf utility claiming a 7 horsepower increase and the other is a hmf pendland. Thanks for the help[/b]

I dont know about seven hp but the slip-ons do give the quads some pep.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
welcome call to Arctic Chat sevenmag!! :thumbsup:

This is my experince with the slip-on vs full exhaust system on my DVX...bottom line very little difference. The powerband was a little smoother and a slight more amount of top end pull. From what I have read online once you get some aftermarket cams and engine mods that is where the larger headpipe will give you some gains vs. the stocker. With a stock engine I would save your money, someday I hope to do more mods to my DVX so hopefully it the headpipe will pay off.

As for 7Hp with just a slip-on that seems a little far fetched. While the addition of my Pro Circuit slip-on and also opening up the intake I did notice a very impressive and noticeable increase in performance. Though from any dyno sheets that I have seen in mags and online only show a few HP gain from an exhaust, but when you start with say 30Hp and add another 3 that is a 10% gain Rockerdude

·
Registered
434 Posts
seven I had the hmf ut slip on on my 05 500,i also jetted it and k&n filtered.It did wake it up but i doubt there was a 7 hp gain maybe 3.The other thing is the weight you will loose with the new pipe wow.Weight of bike i bet the stock pipe on my 500 weighed 10-15 lbs the hmf very little.what part of Mo are you from Im from Sikeston originally.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i run the hmf utility series on my v2 and like it alot. i put a jet kit in at the same time and with the two complementing each other definately more power.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep, I've been told, and have experienced it, that you won't really be able to tell the diff between the slipon and the full system. All of us that run HMFs have slipons. I also tried the HMF utility and Penland, and couldn't tell the difference, other than the utility sounding a bit louder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts