Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 zl6 and was just curious what the toe was supposed to be on the skis? I was looking at mine and it looked like it may have just been a hair off but not for sure i still have to take a tape measuer to it. My question is if its off what should it be if any? Also you would adjust it by losening the jam nut on the tie rod and adjusting accordingly?

Jake :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This is just what I do:
Lay a straight edge up against the side of your track and extend it far enough foward to be parallel with your skies.
With the handle bars straight,...measure from the center of the ski to the edge of the straight edge and adjust it so that you have 3/16" greater distance at the front of the ski compared to the back. Do the same on the other side. Again, with the bars straight, measure from the center of 1 ski to the other and you should have 3/8" differance from front to back. (toe out) This will also aid in a little more snow in the path of the track creating less wear on the hyfax. There again, this is not a golden rule, this is just what I do. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is close to what i was told on another forum also. Thanks for your reply anybody with little tid bits that need to be added?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts