Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
I didn’t hear anything abnormal? Hard to tell with that video.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t hear anything abnormal? Hard to tell with that video.
You are right in this video, it is hard to hear. 0.36, when I added a little throttle, you can hear such a knocking sound the most. Live, the sound becomes clearer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its the clutchesSomething to do with the rollers.From what I was told they all do it.I sold one for a friend and it made the same noises.Should probably get checked by a Cat dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know exactly what is causing this noise? In the near future I will replace the drive belt and rollers because they are worn. I'd like to check it out.

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
Are you sure it is coming from there? Mine makes a knocking rattling sound going down hill if I use the rear foot brake. It locks up the rear axle and the play in the driveline causes the noise.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The one that I sold would make the noise idling or slightly revving it up in neutral.It was definitely coming from the clutches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Are you sure it is coming from there? Mine makes a knocking rattling sound going down hill if I use the rear foot brake. It locks up the rear axle and the play in the driveline causes the noise.

No, that's not it. I don't touch any brake in the movie. I know the noise when braking with the rear brake, but it is not. You can clearly hear it from the right in the vicinity of the CVT.

This is what idling sounds like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts