Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does TBX FIX mean when referring to CDI boxes?
I hope someone can answer this for me, I am about to buy a CDI box but its advertised as TBX FIX.
I am so lost...

Please help?

-cr

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Tbx is a model designation. It's a trv with a dump box and heavier springs basically. I have no idea what fix is?? Are you sure it's not FIS? What machine do you need it for?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tbx is a model designation. It's a trv with a dump box and heavier springs basically. I have no idea what fix is?? Are you sure it's not FIS? What machine do you need it for?
I have been searching ebay for a CDI box for my 99 500 4x4.
I did some checking across a few years, and found that the plugs are the same up to 2002. I know that if both bikes are 500cc, then the stroke, rod angle, and piston velocity are very likely to be identical. Therefore, the timing curve in the two boxes will be identical.
The only issue that could come from this is pinout of the CDI plugs. What are the chances they are pinned out differently?

-cr

P.S. thank you for the prompt reply. The term TBX FIX is as listed on ebay, through powersportsnation.com

see here: Arctic Cat 500 4x4 Auto 00 02 TBX Fix 02 CDI Box | eBay

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Is yours auto or manual?

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
Here is the part number and the years that fit

·
Administrator
40,660 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.