Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do y'all think arctic cat is going to do with their lineup? I mean they have basically been unchanged since 2006 and they are falling behind. I don't want them to end up going down the honda road. With weak diffs, no power, and worst of all NO DEALER SUPPORT.

Do y'all see anything happening in the next year? I'm bout ready to jump ship.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's a good question....they have been in bed with Suzuki, Kawi and now I hear with Yamaha.

Now that they have the Cat power plants maybe they will try to go it on their own.

Lets hope that the dealer network remains strong and parts availability is there.I dunno

·
Registered
435 Posts
There plastic for sure needs an update. As for going down the Honda road they would have to do away with the 700 and 100cc machines first lol. There still ahead of 90% of all ATV makers. The only ATV's that have a 2 up and really put the power out is Can Am,Arctic Cat, and Polaris. So falling behind I dont think so. I think it is time for some updates though.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
i hope they keep the plastic look mean and nice.

Heres what they should do.

1000xt....wetclutchless, 85ish hp, better shocks, led headlights like wild cat, bigger 2012 mp 1000 axles again and better stronger diffs.

mupros.... Rad relocation, outlaws, wetclutchless, led headlights, looped crank vent, big cup axles, bigger diffs, back to lower 3.6 diff gearing.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i hope they keep the plastic look mean and nice.

Heres what they should do.

1000xt....wetclutchless, 85ish hp, better shocks, led headlights like wild cat, bigger 2012 mp 1000 axles again and better stronger diffs.

mupros.... Rad relocation, outlaws, wetclutchless, led headlights, looped crank vent, big cup axles, bigger diffs, back to lower 3.6 diff gearing.
+1 on all of that! The suspension is really cheap. I do like the plastic but I think each model should have its own look. To me it is almost a outdated look being how many years they have kept it. I would also love to see a stock raised radiator! Can Am has the raised radiator but no tall snorkel. Arctic Cat as the snorkel but no raised radiatorI dunno.
What is really in and a huge growing market is the sport 4WD. I would love to see Arctic Cat build there OWN sport 4wd model. Use the 550,700, and 1000cc engines. And please don't leave out the diff lock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.