Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using 1.5 in hose for my belt snorkel. I have tried pool hose, but it is not flexible enough and kinks. So I tried black ribbed pond hose and it was very flexible but not durable enough and collapses. I was hoping to get away from using all solid pipe and was hoping you guys could recommend a specific hose that works good and where I can get it.

·
Administrator
37,344 Posts
Whatever you use go 2"

S

·
0 Posts
I'm using 2" TEK TUBE schedule 40 spa hose and it seems to hold up very well. It warped a little but I ran it a little to close to the exhaust. Its been like that for a year and never burnt through. It seems pretty durable. I'm impressed!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
2" pipe, no reason to use hose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just used a 2in 90 for the air box and i cut and turned around the rubber intake hose for the belt intake so both intakes are right about the box seems to work good now i now as long as my seat dont get wet my intakes should be good. Simple, cheap, and clean.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I dont know why everyone doesn't want to use hard pipe. It is not difficult to run at all and by far the most durable option.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I am using 1.5 in hose for my belt snorkel. I have tried pool hose, but it is not flexible enough and kinks. So I tried black ribbed pond hose and it was very flexible but not durable enough and collapses. I was hoping to get away from using all solid pipe and was hoping you guys could recommend a specific hose that works good and where I can get it.
when you say you have tried pool hose, i bet you mean the thin blue stuff huh?

you need to hunt down the thick, white high temp stuff. its a little more pricey and a little stiffer to work with but it WILL last and protect you from heat and caving and cracking! good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts