Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using 1.5 in hose for my belt snorkel. I have tried pool hose, but it is not flexible enough and kinks. So I tried black ribbed pond hose and it was very flexible but not durable enough and collapses. I was hoping to get away from using all solid pipe and was hoping you guys could recommend a specific hose that works good and where I can get it.

·
Administrator
39,439 Posts
Whatever you use go 2"

G

·
I'm using 2" TEK TUBE schedule 40 spa hose and it seems to hold up very well. It warped a little but I ran it a little to close to the exhaust. Its been like that for a year and never burnt through. It seems pretty durable. I'm impressed!

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
2" pipe, no reason to use hose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just used a 2in 90 for the air box and i cut and turned around the rubber intake hose for the belt intake so both intakes are right about the box seems to work good now i now as long as my seat dont get wet my intakes should be good. Simple, cheap, and clean.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I dont know why everyone doesn't want to use hard pipe. It is not difficult to run at all and by far the most durable option.

Reactions: doorfx

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Whatever you use go 2"
he said he was doing his CVT snorks. just so you (and anyone else) knows, 1.5" on the tranny will flow more air that 2"

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I am using 1.5 in hose for my belt snorkel. I have tried pool hose, but it is not flexible enough and kinks. So I tried black ribbed pond hose and it was very flexible but not durable enough and collapses. I was hoping to get away from using all solid pipe and was hoping you guys could recommend a specific hose that works good and where I can get it.
when you say you have tried pool hose, i bet you mean the thin blue stuff huh?

you need to hunt down the thick, white high temp stuff. its a little more pricey and a little stiffer to work with but it WILL last and protect you from heat and caving and cracking! good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts