Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:super_happy: First let me say HI to all of you . I'm a long time viwer 1st time member. Great site you have here.
Now what happened to all the snow that NY was to get?? 6 to 12 inches forcasted but looks like only a dusting from all the cams I looked at.
My local weather man said this has only happened once before in the past 30 years.
So I got to belive it's comming.
62 Still riding and since 1976 it's only AC's for me. Never too old never to young.
Got my 4-6 & 9 year old granddaughters hooked on this sport. Just need to snow to make them happy.

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Welcome! welcome call
The weatherman bang your head sucks again!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bet you have more snow than we do :boohoo:

·
Registered
656 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PACATMAN @ Dec 26 2006, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
6 to 12 inches forcasted but looks like only a dusting from all the cams I looked at.
My local weather man said this has only happened once before in the past 30 years.[/b]

Weather forcasters suck these days, quite frankly. Like the rest of the newscast, they're all about generating ratings and excitement for the station executives, so they ALWAYS play up whatever weather trend is on it's way. A warm sunny day in August is a deadly heat wave, spring showers become potentially flood-generating typhoons, and any snow flurry is the next big blizzard. So, make sure school is cancelled at least 2 days in advance, and run to the supermarket and buy as much soup and bread as you can fit into your cart. bang your head

Your best bet for an accurate weather forecast is from the NOAA.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
welcome call to ArcticChat, Grandpa !.

I've been wondering the same thing about the snow even though I'm 20 years younger. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts