Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there used to be alot of arctic cat dealers in southeren arkansas northeren louisiana now there maybe two just seeing if any lives around this way that might know something that i dont

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Arctic Cat is making some "changes" in the requirements of dealers, a LOT are saying no thanks.

Wildcat has a lot to do with it too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have noticed the same thing in my area. Arctic Cat's demands are probably no different than all the other manufacturers and it makes it hard for small dealerships to stay alive. I talked to a dealer one time about the process. He went on to tell me that AC sets up Tiers such as Tier 1 is the largest and they are required to buy the most machines each year, Tier 2 is required to buy the 2nd most amount of machines and so on. He didn't sell Wildcats because apparently they are their own division and he was told he had to buy at least 4 plus a lot of accessories. Not to mention he told me that he had to place his order and pay for the following year's snowmobiles in March of the current year. Manufacturers in general are making it very hard on dealerships to make a living. Just think of how much the machines are selling for now compared to 5-10 years ago. It takes a really good income to be able to afford a new machine whether it be an atv or a snowmobile. Its sad if you think about it. I just want to see a nice variety at a fair price.

Please keep in mind this is just what I heard from a local dealer. I cannot say if these numbers and quotes are truth or not. I have never talked to Cat about it. Just thought I would post for forum disscussion.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Our local Arctic cat dealer just stopped ordering Arctic Cat parts and selling Arctic cats. They didn't have any wildcats and Arctic cat told them they had to carry 15 of them they couldn't afford to do that so they said we're no longer going to have anything to do with Arctic cat.

·
Team ArcticChat
6,966 Posts
I've seen a few close up. Not sure of the real reason, but I know a lot has to do with demands of AC. it's too bad, I like to stay loyal.. But if they're not making it easy. There are 4 Polaris dealers within 45 min of my home.. No cat

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
One big thing that chaged is the financing, a dealer used to be able to get 0% interest for 12 months on the machines on the floor, now depending on a lot of factors, they might have to be paid for right away.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That push strategy doesn't work when demand isn't there. I would say it also has a lot to do with Arctic Cat offering pretty lackluster rides and few improvements in the past 6 years.

Oh wait, we do have a parking brake option available now. That's something I guess.

·
Registered
731 Posts
3 different dealers have closed up and gone around me. All were small guys that really knew the products well and were very helpful with any of your needs. Now, we have one dealer. Its is a Car dealer that also sells Arctic Cats, Cars and Mahindra tractors. I stopped by one day to get a oil change kit and brake pads for my machine. Guy in parts was clueless! He should stick to tractors and cars I guess. Sales staff was not much better. The salesman I spoke with had very little product knowledge, and seemed to have a one track mind on trying to get me to have my credit run so I could get financed. Very frustrating to say the least. The next closest dealer is about 75 miles away. I pass a ton of polaris, yamaha, Can am, and suzuki dealers on the way. I also want to stay loyal to Cat as I do like them. But I really miss the small hometown dealers. I really have no interest in buying off a big box store like Bass Pro or Gander Mtn. Just my opinion. I hope Cat rethinks thier dealership programs.

·
Administrator
8,655 Posts
Arctic Cat is making some "changes" in the requirements of dealers, a LOT are saying no thanks.

Wildcat has a lot to do with it too.
Whats The Wildcat Have To Do With It ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same here. Went to a Arctic Cat dealer the other day for oil and filter and they tried selling me a Suzuki oil filter and Honda oil. I said whats going on here, I want Arctic Cat stuff. And he said they didn't sell Arctic Cat stuff any more. So I said ok. Im all set.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i wonder if Bass Pro has anything to do with this. they have stores all over the country and they may be taking alot of the sales from the smaller guys. ive got one about an hour from me that i visit alot and they dont give you near the deals that you can get from smaller guys in my experience but they have the best selection of new machines... they have wildcats, for instance

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Whats The Wildcat Have To Do With It ?
Arctic Cat Inc. is pushing the Wildcat so much and they want dealers to start with 4 of them. :huh: That is a lot of inventory to hold and prebuy on hand. :angry:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Not all dealers are Wildcat dealers. It's like back in the 90's when they had tigersharks, ATV's and snowmobiles. You could be a dealer for just ATVs and snowmobiles if you wanted and not tigersharks. Or if you wanted tigersharks and ATV's, that was ok too. Right now Wildcats are a sepperate line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts