Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of repainting my sled, I have a 98 ZRT 600. My hood is already Black as so is the rest of the thing. I am thinking of doing it all black and green. Here is what I want to do to it,

Hood - Black
Vents - Green
A-Arms - Green
Skies - Black
Shock Springs - Green
Bumper Trim - Black with Green stripe
Suspension is a M-10 and I am kinda stuck on how I should paint that? Thinking of painting it all Black with Green wheels.
If anyone has any input on this please let me know.
I am also tring to figure out a name for it, I was thinking "Venom"
Any names for the sled also accepted who knows I just might use one.

Thank You all,
Jay

Cat happy

·
Registered
127 Posts
you need some stickers on that bad boy. looking into a lense cover too. can make your own, not that hard. id cut the windshield too. gloss black painted on the inside, and maybe green flame stickers on the outside, going along the side of thw windshield. a arctic cat logo sticker right above the headlight on the windshield.
as for the name, dont use venom, yawnmaha already has that name, and just you saying it with the sled...doesnt go. as for the name......do some looking into names that go with arctic cat zrt "Cannibal 600", maybe along the side of the cowling, in some sick font from your local sitcker city or somthing. jusut an idea. doesnt have anything to do with my name though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your in put and I will not use Venom wow that makes me sick that i almost was going to name an Arctic Cat a Yamaha name!!!!
I might just go with the Canniable name it has a nice ring to it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
OK, I am officially lost on this one. Could somebody please throw a little rhetoric my way explaining how cannibalism becomes a cool thing???

WTF?? I dunno

·
Registered
127 Posts
cannabilism has nothing to do with it. its just got a ring to it. listen

1998 Arctic Cat ZRT "CANNIBAL" 600
its a eater. eating polaris' ****tin yamies

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CannibalCat Thank You for sticking up for me on this one.
That does sound bettter when you write it out like that. I think I am going to stick with that name. Thank You for the input.

Jay

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CannibalCat @ Nov 7 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
cannabilism has nothing to do with it. its just got a ring to it. listen

1998 Arctic Cat ZRT "CANNIBAL" 600
its a eater. eating polaris' ****tin yamies[/b]
You obviously don't know/understand the definition of cannibalism. Open a dictionary.

It means eating your own kind. Such as humans eating humans or Cats eating Cats. So aside from the "sick" reference normally associated with the term, calling your Cat a Cannibal means it's a Cat eater ****tin' Cats. I suppose to the maladroit and misadjusted, it's gonna have a ring to it. Cool?? I think not.

Go ahead, paint it all over your hood and see what kind of looks you get.

·
Registered
21,410 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CannibalCat @ Nov 7 2009, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
you need some stickers on that bad boy. looking into a lense cover too. can make your own, not that hard. id cut the windshield too. gloss black painted on the inside, and maybe green flame stickers on the outside, going along the side of thw windshield. a arctic cat logo sticker right above the headlight on the windshield.
as for the name, dont use venom, yawnmaha already has that name, and just you saying it with the sled...doesnt go. as for the name......do some looking into names that go with arctic cat zrt "Cannibal 600", maybe along the side of the cowling, in some sick font from your local sitcker city or somthing. jusut an idea. doesnt have anything to do with my name though.[/b]

They are against the law here in Michigan!

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
BTW....the term that might be used to facilitate "eater" would be omnivore. An omnivore will eat everything.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking of painting them green but then it might clash with the green wheels, unless I paint the wheels black.

I also like CATILLAC LOL because that is the way it will ride like.

Oh and Jeff I am not a sick person at all, I am just tring to think of a good name for my sled you know something unique. Haven't heard you mention anything other then that I am a sick person. Ill just put on the back GRIMM REAPER!!!! :moon:

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
It isn't you I suspect of being slightly warped jbird. Anybody who embraces the term "cannibal" as cool and having a nice ring to it is a bit lost in my book. Now, who gives a crap what I think, right? ;)

You might have some fun with a online translator for coming up with a name. You can plug in English words and translate to other languages.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol Just messing with ya Jeff. I like all these names very nice, now I have to pick between names but I also want a name that goes along with the themed paint job I am tring to pull off. I am also thinking of Green handle bars with black grips or Black handle bars with green grips?

Should I paint the arms Green or Black and leave the spring black. I really don't know just throwing stuff out there.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticKelly @ Nov 7 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i named mine lil bastard.haha[/b]

Member cat-sass coined the acronym ALB from "Arctics Little Bastard" for his 97 ZR 440 some years back. Jay was around earlier this fall, I hope he comes back. He's got a good sense of humor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
wow not only did this thread get a little outta control, but i do believe the whole idea was, "giving him ideas". not getting into the whole, this guy has serious issue by embracing the name cannibal. now maybe sure it may mean, eating its own kind. but the idea is to stretch the truth about the name. and yes it does have a cool ring to it. a little serious, but who cares.
those other name ideas were awsome. i like catattack. thats a pretty cool name.

i dont see too many green grips these days. thats a good idea. gotta 96 zrt 6. started out just like yours, all black. looking to get somthing done to it like yours. most likely going to be a little diffrent. but these ideas is where it all starts, im sure what you get outta this thread is going to help you make this sled what you want it to it be.
good luck.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts