Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here it is , the sled that ive been asking about again and again . things are finally starting to shap up and it actually looks a lil better in real life because my cameras a piece of crap haha. but if you could have seen it before it looked absolutely hammered on. the a arms are leaving soon to get powder coated , other than that most everything is good to go . i think she looks might fine for a sled thats almost 10 yrs. old

Attachments

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like it! I also have a 1999 ZR 440 Sno Pro. Where did you get the hand guards, they really look neat. I'll post some pics of my machine when I get back up to my place in Michigan. Again, a very sweet ride black cat 83!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the handgaurds alont with most of the things that you see on the sled at arcticcatdiscount.com , theyre really nice to deal with and have some good specials going on :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks great. I was seriouly considering a '99 SnoPro when I was looking at sleds but then decided to get a ZR 600.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i am going to be very honest with you that is the best looking zr1 body style i have ever seen. Looks super clean and mean at the same time. You did a fantastic job on every part of it in my honest opinion!

Jake

·
Registered
780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Jan 13 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wanna' come over and detail mine?? slaphappy[/b]
Hey C-Note - I hear you have the badest ZR 440 Sno-Pro on the North American continent. How about a few pics of that bad boy!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey sysanalyst are you willing to back that up ???? i have 100 % everything in my sled , as far as i have it ser up it should really be just like off the show room floor wanna play Rockerdude ??

·
Registered
780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Jan 14 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hey sysanalyst are you willing to back that up ???? i have 100 % everything in my sled , as far as i have it ser up it should really be just like off the show room floor wanna play Rockerdude ??[/b]
I've heard rumors about C-Note and his bad AZZ 1999 ZR 440 Sno-Pro and just want to see some pics of it here. Keyword "rumors"...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its all just for fun , c-note , jeff h . ... i didnt know too much about this sled before i started , i wanna meet you all . im a cat rider forever lets just all go have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TUG HILL ANYONE ??????

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PS. SYS .... YOURE OBVIOUSLY MUCH MORE INTO TUNING THE 440'S THAN I AM ... TEACH ME SOMEDAY , IM DOING THE BEST I CAN ... HOPEFULLY ILL POST A SOUND CLIP SOON, IMHOP NOTHING SOUNDS MUCH BETTER THAN MY SLED JUMPING THE SKI OFF THE GROUND AT 5,100 .... I JUST WANNA MEET YOU AND A FEW OF THE OTHER GUYS FOR A RIDE FOR A RIDE SOMETIME , HOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND. IM ALL THE WAY DOWN IN PA . PM ME IF YOU EVER WANT A PLACE TO STAY IF WE GET SNOW , PERFECT 440 WEATHER

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sysanalyst @ Jan 13 2007, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've heard rumors about C-Note and his bad AZZ 1999 ZR 440 Sno-Pro and just want to see some pics of it here. Keyword "rumors"...[/b]
His sleds not the "bad azz"....he is, if you give him a tool box. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Jan 14 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PS. SYS .... YOURE OBVIOUSLY MUCH MORE INTO TUNING THE 440'S THAN I AM ... TEACH ME SOMEDAY ,...[/b]

Oh heck no. I've never driven nor ridden on a sled in my life. Purchased my ZR 440 Sno-Pro last November, tuned it up, but have not had an opportunity to ride it yet. I've made airline reservations to fly up to Michigan next month (2nd week of February) in hopes of snow and cold. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about snowmobiling and snowmobiles to make my first ride a memorable one. Thanks for the advice on the hand guards, I'll be buying some really soon. Those green track runners look cool too. Where did they come from?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sysanalyst @ Jan 14 2007, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blackcat083 @ Jan 14 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS. SYS .... YOURE OBVIOUSLY MUCH MORE INTO TUNING THE 440'S THAN I AM ... TEACH ME SOMEDAY ,...[/b]

Oh heck no. I've never driven nor ridden on a sled in my life. Purchased my ZR 440 Sno-Pro last November, tuned it up, but have not had an opportunity to ride it yet. I've made airline reservations to fly up to Michigan next month (2nd week of February) in hopes of snow and cold. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about snowmobiling and snowmobiles to make my first ride a memorable one. Thanks for the advice on the hand guards, I'll be buying some really soon. Those green track runners look cool too. Where did they come from?
[/b][/quote]

hmmm , now you're making me think .... but i believe that they're from arcticcatdeals.com if im not mistaken .... i'm about sure that browns leisure world or the outdoor shop would have em' too .
so sysanalyst , you're from florida ? you must wanna ride pretty bad Rockerdude , i have the same feeling as you but im 1,000 mi. north of you with no snow !

·
Registered
780 Posts
Man, if my wife sees that she'll assume I have a secret girlfriend in Michigan and will never let me go alone again... :stop_nono:

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sysanalyst @ Jan 13 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Jan 13 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wanna' come over and detail mine?? slaphappy[/b]
Hey C-Note - I hear you have the badest ZR 440 Sno-Pro on the North American continent.

How about a few pics of that bad boy!
[/b][/quote]where in the heck did you ever hear that?? (sure as hell wasn't me)

it'd break the camera :lol: (that's why I asked about the detailing) imagine one without the hood graphics and a temp guage in between the tach/speedo and a new seat cover waiting to be installed,, OH!, yeah,, it has ARCTIC CAT in big bold white letters on the b-pan too,,,,, in a nutshell, that's it,, besides,, what do you expect for a '99 model yr sled bought used? slaphappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sysanalyst @ Jan 14 2007, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've heard rumors

Keyword "rumors"...[/b]
exactly,, only one or two (make that 5) members on here have even seen my sled, all have seen it have a broken primary spring once and and three have seen a coolant leakage issue on two seperate occasions,, but that's fixed for good now

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff H @ Jan 14 2007, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
His sleds not the "bad azz"....he is, if you give him a tool box. :thumbsup:[/b]
I dunno (not what some less experienced ''pro's'' have told me)

·
Registered
11 Posts
[attachment=60997:2006_win...ason_015.jpg][attachment=60996:2006_win...ason_016.
jpg]
Man you must like to polish your tunnel.

Also, why did you repaint your ski saddles orange and not just polish the bare aluminum?

Would you mind posting pictures of your hand guard mounts?

Your hood and belly pan look perfect I like it.

I just bought a seat riser off ebay that gets your ass up another 2" it should help with the newer looking sled competition.

I got a 2" riser block at the same time, which is gonna help with the boondocking trips to da U.P.

One more thing for all those not aware already. CLEAN YOUR EXHAUST VALVES every season and check the little slide discs.
I had a hard time finding them part no. 1612-157 you can get them at your local dealer or off one the online parts dealers.
They keep your valves from falling into the piston.

One of mine was broken and two were cracked and the last one was still in one piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have to say that the 99 snopro pics posted by rkills are by far the sweetest Ive seen on here yet
Have to say I dont like painted saddles, all my cats with ZR skis are bare with clear coat. Just like rkills'

Buffy

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey whats happening rkills , actually theose ski saddles are brand new i picked up a orange set and a purple set for $15 from someone ... as for the tunnel the paint was chipped bad and i just like the polished look better . since theose pics were taken it also got a cat handlebar bag , the tunnel is now pretty much like a mirror too . it was a little time consuming but some airplane remover took that paint off in a hurry just leaving the tunnel bare aluminum. this coming week my c&a's with 9" studboys should be coming in along with a fox clicker to put in the front arm of the skid , i hate that adjuster and would love to smash it for all the problems its given me haha . but theres still much more to come.
if you get a chance can you post a pic of your seat riser ?
thanks
tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts