Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys yousing to keep you engin from corroion i opend my hood this year after storing it and almost puked right there its corroded all to hell wtf can i do to bring it back to what it was any help would be great hell cat :trail:

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
I keep mine wiped down with WD-40

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spray mine down with a thicker penatrating lube in the spring and clean it off with brake clean in the fall. wd40 is better than nothing but seems to be gone by the time i look in the fall its a little to thin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
WD 40 for sure. But it has a lot with how you store it. It needs to be well ventilated where you keep it. I'm assuming you keep it indoors and covered with just your regular cover?. Sometimes I see guys keep them outside swaddled in plastic and thats the worst thing cuz it holds the moisture in. You should also plug the exhaust and the intake bores. The inside of the motor is exposed to the same enviroment as the outside. Fogging in the spring and plugging works good against this. Spray everything with WD 40. I've cleaned corrosion like your talking about using Con Coil which is a condenser coil cleaner that air conditionig guys use. It etches the aluminum and cleans it bright. A small wire brush to clean it up works good. Then spray it down with WD.
You might need to paint your pipe.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I do the same, brake clean-(red can),WD40. Also WD everything in the rails. I am lucky enoff to have a nice heated toy box. This I am sure helps,even temps, and air movement. Dont tell me I am the only one that uncovers the sled in summer, just to look at it for a week or 2,and to look it over. OK I might make a ringgtingting sound when sitting in it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
hahahaha mine sit in the garage or enclosed trailer un covered. never had a prob. wd 40 and armor all ftw

·
Administrator
7,786 Posts
WD-40 for sure, but where are you storing your sled? must be in a very damp area.

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in a lean two off the end of the shop its open thought thanks for the info guys will try what you have said :bleedgreen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts