Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was debating getting a plow (preferrably a state style plow) to use to plow my driveway. My current Yardman tractor doesn't weigh enough and is a BIG pain in the winter with the snowblower on it.

do you guys think a 300 has enough for plowing? I wasn't really worried about it but figured I'd ask for opinions. We have a pretty long stretch of driveway and I thought the state plow style would be beneficial for discharging the snow to the side.

thanks!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A 300 has plenty of power to plow. Does it sit narrower than the 500s, etc? If so, you probably only want a 48" plow.

Jay

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
arctic cat make a plow that is high on one side and regular height on the other, plus it is lighter than a all steel plow so that might help.
had a little plow for the wife's old bayou 300 2wd and besides traction the one time i did use it worked fine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The 300 does great plowing I have a 50inch which plows fine

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool
i'll look into the arctic cat plow
the one i was looking at was at cyclecountry.com

i figured a 48" size (rather than a BIGGER one) would be good
would be nice to have 4x4 in the winter rather than mess around with my stupid little tractor with no traction.

plowing maybe a tad more tedious but i'll be MUCH faster on the wheeler. plus it's a good excuse to get it out in the winter

if anyone has a link to the arctic cat plow or where to get it, please let me know so i can compare prices.

·
Registered
210 Posts
got mine from a local dealer If they dont have one they can order it. thumbguy

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
The AC Plows are a nice set up. I think you would more than satisfied with one on the front of your 300! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have a 50" cycle country vee plow on my 400. Cycle country makes a great plow and you dont lose much ground clearance when its off either :thumbsup: I would recommend a winch for raising and lowering the plow. The hand lift is a pain in the a$$ :moon:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
RockyMountain ATV has the cheapest price on plows I have found... may want to check the out,,,

·
Registered
322 Posts
on a side note... is your bike 4x4? if not, you may want to consider getting chains for the rear wheels. My dad still plows his driveway with a 1986 suzuki 250... chains on the rear and he's good to go!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
300 4x4, if low don't work, go super low. I wish my TRV had two low ranges. Your's should work great.
JD

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Your 300 AC should do pretty well pushing a 48" plow around. With its heavier weight and low gearing it should be able to move a good amount of snow. My brother used to plow his driveway years ago on an old Honda 300 4wd and when it got really bad, chains were put on for max traction.
The Cycle Country plow works great, especially if you have the room to "wing" back the snow. We use a 60" CC plow and it works really good.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

yes mine is a 4x4, which will be a GREAT advantage over my little Yardman tractor. No weight, differential, spnning tires = much aggravation!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too got sick of plowing with the garden tractor and picked up a 2001 AC 300 4x4. Had the dealer add on a Cycle Country 48" plow. Tires on the rear are down to 25% tread so I was able to use the chains I had for the garden tractor (got lucky) and it plowed well this winter (450' gravel hilly driveway). The only time I had trouble was with the 18" snow storm we got on Valentines day. Had to have my farmer brother-in-law use his big-ass John Deere tractor to push back the snow on the sides of the driveway. But other than that it handles the routine 4 or 6 inch snow storms great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts