Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
7101 - 7106 of 7106 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 550 XT
1,089 Posts
During the weekend, I drove my ATV (2011 550 TRV) next door, connected front wench cable to a down log, slipped in full 4x4 model and reversed it. Pulled large down tree limb from their well pipe. This created more room for their chain saw access. They were impressed my AC pulled such a large tree limb with ease. Oh, the hidden power behind the 550 engine.... smiles...
That low end! I love to see what I can pull with my 550s!

·
Administrator
40,189 Posts
Never pull in reverse !

·
Registered
187 Posts
During the weekend, I forward towed my 6x10 steel utility trailer. Then, backed it into its parking spot. With its new Fuel injector, its engine purred very steady.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I can vouch for the ruggedness of Arctic Cats. I can't believe how much abuse mine have taken working in the woods. I use the Diesel as a mini skidder , yarding out logs! I actually do pull logs out quite often in reverse, go in with the 5,000 lb winch and get them out enough to hook a tow strap or chain on.

·
Administrator
40,189 Posts
The diesel will handle it , but the configuration of the gas engines creates a lot of stress on the bevel gears. I’ve seen quite a few failures.

Reactions: Wallamatogus

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
The diesel will handle it , but the configuration of the gas engines creates a lot of stress on the bevel gears. I’ve seen quite a few failures.
Good to know! Always wondered why folks broke stuff, especially on the Mudpros. I think the Diesel uses the same white cup axles, though. So far, only a U-Joint has failed.

7101 - 7106 of 7106 Posts