Arctic Cat Forum banner

7061 - 7080 of 7089 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Skip. You are very lucky your son is into ATVing as well. And, he likes going riding with you. My son was never into "fun with his dad". He followed a different heart (sort of speaking) and in time, moved far away. Yes. You are very lucky man - in many different ways....

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
Checked the oil.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Got a few nice long rides in this weekend. I had just changed the oil in both. Kinda surprised that I have already driven each one about 50 miles since change. 1 observation= wow the 700 TRV uses about 2X the fuel as the turbo diesel. Second, observation, gotta get the heated grips on the Diesel working. Can't believe the end of April is so cold!

·
Registered
146 Posts
For my 2011 AC 550 TRV, its engine was started, it got backed ouf of the garage (so I could use my table saw inside the garage bay) and drove it back inside. Bet its odometer didn't even budge. Very sad face.

I'll be so happy when ATV Club Rides (especially my long haul from 9:00 AM to to 4:30 PM) open back up again... I miss the "all day" adventures and group lunches with the boys....

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Pulled the 300 out of the shed this morning. You gotta love it just adding new gas to an empty tank and quad starts right away!! Ran gas with Sta-BIL through it and ran carb dry last fall.
Now for a good wash

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Got ambitious today. Ok, I have nothing better to do lol.
Pulled the skid plates off, both racks and both foot rests. Cleaned up all the shoulder bolts and repainted them. Gave the foot rests a good sanding and sprayed them with Dominion Sure Seal Premium Rubberized rocker guard. This stuff holds up well. Greased up the foot shifter while it was apart.
I checked front A arms and the bushings are wearing out. Too much movement for my liking. I’m in contact with Rick @ RTR for new bushings. A few years back I got the rear ones.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Changed the front and rear differential oil today.

Why does it feel so good, having new oil again?
And here I thought it was just me lol !

·
Registered
38 Posts
Moved the rear box forward a few inches looks much better. Pulled the quad out and used the winch to pull out a couple bushes.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Pulled the control arms. 7 of the 8 urethane bushing inserts let go and come out. RTR bushings are ordered and should be on their way next week.
Once I get the old bushings out I’ll refinish the arms. So much nicer sitting on the easy chair to work on quad lol.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You should use your winch to lift it lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Atv winches aren't designed to hold a load. They are designed to pull a load. The brake won't stand up and it could fail at a very inopportune time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Drilled and punched the old bushing out today and refinished the arms. I don’t have a press or know anyone with one. Took a 1 1/8” hole saw and cut rubber out. Took a hacksaw blade and sliced the outer sleeve of bushing just to arm. Took a hammer and chisel to outer sleeve and punched it out. Some came out easy and others were determined to stay in.

·
Administrator
37,164 Posts
Loaded it , drove 2 hours and unloaded it in a rain storm.
The crazy part is I’m still alive!!!!! No catastrophic ramp kick outs. No emergency stops and quad falling out of truck. No broken straps. Wow pretty uneventful trip.

7061 - 7080 of 7089 Posts