Arctic Cat Forum banner

7041 - 7060 of 7091 Posts

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
Looks good. Did you have to buy a mounting plate?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a house and the previous owners had a treehouse / play area set up and had recycled tire shreds as a base around the play area. The treehouse was pretty rotten so I tore it down and now I am having to move the shredded tire base so I can "reclaim" that part of my yard. So, I hooked my trailer up to the 1000 and started shoveling. I have two RV ports out back so I am spreading the shredded tire in there. I figured it was better than having just plain gravel in there. Here's the pic of my Arctic cat putting in some work.

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
Looks awesome!! Nice work

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
Nice!!

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
I charged the battery.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Today, I replaced its previously installed Fram Oil Filter with larger size WIX oil filter on my 2011 AC 550 TRV. After this task, I wanted to reverse idle my ATV outside my shop and give it a nice Power Washing bath. Then, it started to rain outside. Since I don't work in the rain, I'll schedule this bath task for another day.

On a sad note, I got more emails that more future ATV Club rides (that I previously signed up for) are now cancelled. Darn. I was hoping for future rides in near future. It would get my mind on other things in life.... ATVing in my local bush trails is one of the things that settles my mind...

20191012_182003_resized.jpg

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I thought that winter was over, WRONG! had to plow the driveway of 6" of heavy wet snow. Lots of trees down and lost my power for a couple days. More "global warming" I guess. Funny, when I was a kid, I'm 69 now, first of April, the frogs always came out. Last few years, it's first of May. So winter, here on the coast of Maine, seems to last a month longer...

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
In the last couple of days or so I’ve gone through my quad. Checked bearings, ball joints, and brakes. Adjusted foot pedal brake. Overhauled the winch. Took off all the shoulder screws holding the plastics on and applied anti-seize to threads and re-installed them. With all this time on my hands having to stay at home, I’ve thought about dismantling it completely and cleaning it thoroughly. Haven’t got that desperate yet lol.
I’ve pulled the plow off but it’s still accessible as you never know when winter finally leaves.

·
Administrator
37,170 Posts
I thought that winter was over, WRONG! had to plow the driveway of 6" of heavy wet snow. Lots of trees down and lost my power for a couple days. More "global warming" I guess. Funny, when I was a kid, I'm 69 now, first of April, the frogs always came out. Last few years, it's first of May. So winter, here on the coast of Maine, seems to last a month longer...
Same here 6” of fresh snow!

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Game warden drops off roadkill deer which I tow out in my field with one of my Cats, for coyote bait. A friend sits in my hunting house and shoots a few. Looks like bald eagles have taken control as of late. I see big flocks of them in the field and on the deer. Looks like the coyotes won't even mess with a flock of bald eagles. Once it's down to bones, eagles leave and coyotes get the bones. Turkey buzzards wait for the eagles to finish. Did take off my plow today.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
For my 2011 AC 550 TRV today, I started it up, backed it out of the garage (to create more floor space inside my garage), and after cutting some wood on my table saw, I restarted it and drove it back into position. Bet its odometer didn't even budge. On a good note, its recently fixed rear tire is holding air and I got a few positive comments from folks walking down my road. re: "Nice clean machine - bet you cannot wait for the trails to open" comments... Only time will tell....

7041 - 7060 of 7091 Posts