Arctic Cat Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2322 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Dragged another one home last night. Had to drive 2.5hrs to get it, but I only paid $100. Yeah, I didn’t miss a zero....rod bearing let loose, 975 bigbore etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: f3_

·
Registered
222 Posts
Put pistons and rings in the old mountain cat 800 carb. Power valve had nicked a piston on one side. Anyway, shimmed the power valves with a thin washer that fit over the shaft, put in new suzuki pistons and rings. Fired it up and it ran away. Turned off the key, kept screaming, hit the kill switch, kept screaming, pulled off the plug wires, kept screaming. Finally unscrewed a spark plug and got it to stop. Verified kill switch and key were working, tried again, same thing. What do I got going on here? I drove this sled into that garage, missing a little bit, thought it would be an easy fix, but don't dare put a belt on it if I can't get it to shut down.

·
Registered
11,596 Posts
Looks nice

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Looks like a nice ride!! Definitely a 97 or newer skid in that, it has the torque sensing link, and it has plastic skis.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
2000 ZR TSL skid so I can use it at the Ride-In this year. Stock skid set aside for showing. Ski's are from a second '95 parts sled I bought; the only thing I used from it. I need to make time to start parting that out and clear some space.

Reactions: Reeb

·
Registered
808 Posts
So the Kitty Cat is getting transformed into Hulk Smash!
Tonight it finally came apart.

120 track swap to start. Using the rails and track off of our Mtn Mini 120.

·
Registered
99 ZL 500 EFI
22 Posts
Finally got around to fixing my hood. Cut some sheet metal, drilled some holes, and added some rivets. Not pretty, but happy with the results. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
808 Posts

Finished the hood. Waiting on the tunnel and it’s back together.
The 120 is up next with new boards and some pep to the 208cc engine. Carb, head, exhaust.
Then moms EXT comes in and gets a new shortblock. Then my tcats get dusted off and get worked on.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I’m waiting on a few parts so the kiddos 120 got a grab bar and 3” forward post.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Simmons skis for the old EXT!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Kitty Cat got its tunnel. Now to rivet it onto the bulkhead and figure out where I want to put the driveshaft.
Doo G4 seat looks like it was made for it. I’m a pretty stoked Dad right now!

Bellypan is almost done now too. Used Proclimb side belly pans and they fit amazingly well.

Reactions: GUnit111

·
Registered
808 Posts
Some spacing and spacers to figure out and the kitty cat gets closer to being finished.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Reinforced the tunnel extension and added some traction for the boy. Gotta shorten the gas rack up before mounting and finish the hood.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally put the braces on my tunnel, just waiting on the rear skid shocks being rebuilt and revalved by Goodwin performance.

2301 - 2320 of 2322 Posts