Arctic Cat Forum banner

2221 - 2240 of 2269 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Stock 2002 Mtn Cat front end weighed 25lbs a side.

Lightweight front end weighs 15lbs per side.

Dry weight for a Mtn Cat 1000 was 585-590lbs as per the brochures.

I’m hoping this isn’t much more than 530 when I’m done with it. Should be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Where is the light weight front end and hood from?

·
Registered
756 Posts
The hood is from BR Tech. No longer in business doing sled parts.
The front end was made by my friend who lost his life a few years later in an avalanche.
The spindles are from Clear Performance who no longer makes them either.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry about your friend. Sounds like you got a nice group of parts that none of us can get now :(

Out of curiosity, I wonder if these are the same hoods or similar in weight and such.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Bills hoods are very similar. I have one of his hoods on my Rev. The hood I have is called a Thrasher hood. Rough plastic material. I’d use one of Bills hoods if I didn’t have this one.

·
Registered
756 Posts
New bars. Short riser. Lowered front end.
Getting ready for local snow drags.
Then it can be a proper Mtn sled again.
Going to try the 159x2 track this weekend. Then I’ll swap for the 156x16x2.5 and figure out the difference in ET for 500ft.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Bars are done.

·
Registered
756 Posts
80mph in 500ft. Gonna change out tracks. Spin for 100ft before I got any traction. Pulled hard all the way thru.
Has a 159x2x15 now. Going to a 156x2.5x16. See where that gets us with a little more clutching.

Z

·
0 Posts
Actually I added a 12v ac to 12v dc Koso converter and 12v dc to 5v dc micro to the sled. Nice to keep the phone running. I completed the project on January 1st. The set up works perfectly.

Thanks again to all the other posters and threads helping out here.

Sorry if the pics are not clear.

Take care, folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Knocked a foot of snow off it and started it.
Thanks for the thumbs up. I found this sled last year around this time last year. In a machine shop with half an inch of dust on it. Drove 9 hours both ways and brought it home. Put 3 months into it on and off. Bye the time our snow was gone it was dialed in.
Then it was stolen out of my shop while we were out of province on vacation. Police recovered it a week before Christmas in a storage facility.

Thanks for having me here guys, not trying to hijack this thread. You will see more of me cause im not done with this iron yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does Blaine still rewind stators? High speed coil burnt up in my 99 zl 600 efi. Went with a cheapie from ebay. Rode 150 miles with no problems. Couple days later got 2 miles out lost spark. Checked everything but ohm the stator. Leaning towards a bad stator. I'll ohm it when I get back home. Thinking i should have my old stator rewound.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Put on 175 miles on Saturday, mostly just used my action cam for footage, but snapped a couple pictures.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Debating on Firecat plastics or M plastics...

2221 - 2240 of 2269 Posts