Arctic Cat Forum banner

241 - 260 of 285 Posts

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
It looks like it fell out of a truck ,I’ll post pics once done.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #242

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #243

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Worked a bit on the quad. Tuned up the cerwin Vegas.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Installed my rack adapter and my chainsaw clamp. Both are speedrack accessories from cat. I can take them off or put them on in two minutes.

Speedrack box mount kit. Added some self adhesive weather stripping to stop rattle and wear.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Installed my rack adapter and my chainsaw clamp. Both are speedrack accessories from cat. I can take them off or put them on in two minutes.

Speedrack box mount kit. Added some self adhesive weather stripping to stop rattle and wear.

Nice, at least you have a real chainsaw. I have the 026 model.
Didn’t do much in mine other than change the oil in the wife’s vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
@doorfx, I like the weatherstripping idea. I'm always a fan of keeping things from moving.

I figure the snow season is basically done. Time to dig into the snow blower. I knew I had one bearing behind the impeller that was crunchy. So I dug into the thing to make sure it didn't need anything else repaired.
20190331_134901 - Copy.jpg
I thought I might find some bad stuff in the auger gear case. The input shaft seemed to have too much freeplay. Turned out everything inside case was fine. It is just an odd design with a sliding input shaft. (New to me) I only needed to replace belts and exposed bearings. Cost me less than 100 clams. It is always nice to find good news on repairs. :biggrin_old:

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Nice Surprise!
I had planned to replace the glass thermopane windows in my overhead door this year. Some of them were starting to fog from defective seals. I figured that was probably normal after 15 years. Last week I called to give window dimensions for the replacements. I also asked for the paint code so I could match the exterior color. The door person asked why I wanted the paint code? I told them I had some rust and pitting on the interior and exterior lower panel. They wanted to send someone out to look at the door. I was actually reluctant.(Usually, it means an upsale pressure deal.) I said I just wanted to fix the doors. They still thought it was worth having someone come out to look at the doors in case they were covered by warranty.

The rep came out to check the doors and take some pictures. I explained how I had redone the floor and added drains to alleviate water accumulation from winter slop. I just wanted the doors to look new after all the work. The rep said the doors would probably have warranty. I had no idea. I hadn't even asked about warranty.
I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised how well some companies do back up their products. The company ended up replacing the whole door and the glass. Very impressive experience. :wave:

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Very nice!

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Pulled the woofers out and getting the kit to refoam them.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Decided to repair and replace some old exterior stuff that was showing problems. Weather wasn't perfect, so I prefinished some 9' panels inside the garage.
20190620_195120.jpg
Project was going pretty well until I found some rotted fascia at the base of front columns. I cut away some of the fascia to see the posts. The project grew in a hurry. :sad_old:
20190622_112631.jpg
The original construction isn't that old. It is frustrating to find poor building practices that create problems so soon. Non-treated wood in direct contact is a quick recipe for failure.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to repair vs. replacing the entire columns. It is only two, but they are structural and 18' tall.
I'm all ears if you have any suggestions. Current plan is to jack and support the structure to replace. I've been looking at the various column base options. Most of them are pretty wimpy without much focus on isolating contact. I'm having a hard time finding what I consider "lifetime" options.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Wow that turned into a big project quickly. What year is the house?

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Got them put back together after the re foam.

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Wow that turned into a big project quickly. What year is the house?
Most projects seem to grow as you dig. Part of life for me. The house is a mid 80s structure. It was build by what is considered a premium builder in our region. Building code and practices keep evolving. I'm sure the post base was standard practice at the time. Glad we don't have stucco on this house. Those things from the time are a mess.
I did come up with a fix for the post base.
20190624_210636.jpg
The wood is now isolated from the concrete. And anchored. Found the old anchors were rusted off. I ended up cleaning and filling the old holes with epoxy.

Next project is that car siding. Those vents need a better setup too. Not sure how I'm going to plumb them yet? Both are outlets. Honestly, it seems like every time I look I find another project. Might be time to quit looking. :laugh_old:

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Got them put back together after the re foam.
They look good. I didn't even realize you could DIY foam. I'm impressed with the stock look. thumbguy

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Now it’s time to work on my big speakers !!
I have the power to drive them lol
440w rms per channel in to 4 ohms old school power. This amp can power a band lol

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Nice job on the post repair !! Very professional

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Now it’s time to work on my big speakers !!
I have the power to drive them lol
440w rms per channel in to 4 ohms old school power. This amp can power a band lol

Your neighbour is going to love you when you test it out lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,361 Posts
Nice job on the post repair !! Very professional
Thanks. The wife usually just barely notices projects I do around the house. This time she noticed for some reason. She went on and on about how great they worked. Might have earned a couple of bonus points. :thumbsup:
I know those amps somewhat. Used to work with PA gear and we had a half rack of those for awhile. Live music runs a lot more peaks than recordings. Those clip lights would flash pretty easy. We had a rookie sound guy that probably blew about half the drivers during a show. He used those red lights as ambient lighting. Keep em lit was his motto.

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
I am very impressed with this amp and the sansui pre amp. It’s an incredible match and I’m hearing things in my music that I’ve never heard before. I think my 400w cerwin Vegas might fry before this amp starts to clip. Lol

241 - 260 of 285 Posts