gets a little soggy
ridding mower will not work
i may plant an acre
1 ride kfx 700 for the trail
so i was thinking 700 cc bigger 4x4

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
We use a 2000 Arctic Cat 500 auto with a swisher at the lake lot, it works okay, but they use so much gas as you have two mowers going. Unless you are doing some bogs or something I recommend a John Deere 318, 425, or 445.

Reactions: auburn6887

·
Premium Member
4,547 Posts
Is doesn't need to be a 700. Heck the old 300 with low & super low gearing would do the job well. The only arctic cat machines I would avoid are the 400 air cooled and the 04-06 v2 models.

If it's just going to be a work/ hobby farm quad I wouldn't spend the money on anything new(er). Find yourself a clean pre 2005 300, 454 or 500 with a manual transmission.

If your going to play a little too then spend more, get something a little newer like a 05 or newer 500, 650h1 or 700efi. 500 was available in manual and cvt, 650h1 and 700efi cvt only.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
All Artic cat ATV's and pretty much all other brands that I know of have a positive rear differential so to speak. (locking) In reality it is NOT a differential it is a Dual Output Right Angle geared Drive box. Turning a corner on grass will tear out the grass with the tire tread due to one of the tires dragging. A person can install Turf Tires, avoid watering right before hand, and avoid sharper turns to minimize the problem.

If this is a field or lot that you can live with a little minor damage to the grass then no problem, if it's a golf course green, Forget it.

Reactions: auburn6887
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.